Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins (Read 19 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!

I did a whopping 1 mile at the park yesterday and I'll probably do something similar today.  Maybe I'll double it or triple it ;-)  I want to push for 1400 miles for the year, but I also don't want to stay sick with this cough forever.

I'm excited for the 2016 in 2016 game -- what are the final results Zel?  How many people signed up to be on teams?  It seems like the game will be huge this year!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  RD for me today.

Damaris

PADRunner

RD3 for me. I got a 3 mile walk , a little core and stretching in last night.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk at Fort Sam Houston last night, with a temp of 70 degrees and very low humidity and dew-point, sweet.  Especially nice, as I did not run into anything.     3.1 miles done.

Tonite, meeting some fellow Veterans at the Riverwalk VFW for a few miles and post-run beers. More nice weather for us...63 degrees...

The whole Star Wars series described in 18 words....It was dark it was light it was dark it was light it was dark...it was...LIGHT!   

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Well, last night was quite a late one for me -- our quartet practiced for about two hours rather than an hour, and then went out to dinner where the service was incredibly slow.  Ah well, some nights are like that, and since this is my last day of work until January 4, I shouldn't complain!!  Tomorrow I have a gig with the chorus at noon, and then a party with the chorus in the evening.  Good times!!

sapf -- woo-hoo for your whopping 1 mile!!  Enjoy your distance today, whatever it turns out to be!

Docket -- Have a good RD!!

PAD -- Have a good RD to you too!!

Scotty -- sounds like a fun day you have planned today!!  Did you ever get your TM stress test scheduled?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Jill - I hope you'll feel well enough to run a bit more today.

Scotty - have fun with your beer run this evening.

HopesMom - party time!  Have fun!  Any special plans for your vacation?

D- enjoy your rest day.  Will you get your missed allergy shot?

PAD - enjoy your walk and stretching.

I have 9 miles on the schedule.  It's very dark and gloomy outside, so I may end up running on the TM if the rains starts soon.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

45 easy minutes on the TM for later.

Ginny: are you training for a marathon?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Dentist (again), haircut (again) and hopefully a SR after.

Singer who runs a smidge

Can I start the countdown?  Four more hours until I'm free!!!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

And now it's 2 hours until FREEDOM!!!!!!

Philliefan33

We went to happy hour with the group I used to work with, then I went out for five  miles in the neighborhood Christmas lights this evening.  When I came back in, DH was already dozing on the couch. He only had one beer....

GinnyinPA

Jack - I'm planning on Lost Dutchman in February.  I have family in Arizona we'll visit afterwards.  Were you sent home yesterday?

The rain held off, so I ran a nice loop outdoors.

Zelanie

Teams are up for 2016 in 2016. Smile

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Teams are up for 2016 in 2016. Smile

Good thing for my insomnia =P