Beginners and Beyond

NFL Week 5: Who ya got? (Read 23 times)

I wasn't too impressed with the overall schedule this week, but my viewing area got a couple REAL treats. Seahawks vs Colts and Dallas vs Denver.

I'm a bit of a homer, but how good is Andrew Luck? His numbers aren't going to blow you away but he has something like 9 comeback/4th quarter wins in his 22 NFL starts. Insane. I thought they'd have a punchers chance against Seattle, and they pulled out a great win.

I COMPLETELY underestimated Dallas's ability to put points on the board. They might be worth paying attention to this year. Especially in that division. Woof. Turns out Manning IS human - he is capable of throwing an interception.  However, a 20 to 1 TD to INT ratio does not suck. And that bootleg? Good thing he fooled so many people because he is SLOOOW.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

MothAudio

Bengals

Packers

Seahawks - loss

Dolphins - loss

Bears - loss

Eagles

Chiefs

Rams

Panthers - loss

Broncos

Texans - loss

Chargers - loss

Falcons

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

LRB

His numbers aren't going to blow you away but he has something like 9 comeback/4th quarter wins in his 22 NFL starts. Insane.

One of them against my beloved Lions.

Mike, check this out:

New Orleans

New England - loss

Detroit - loss

Seattle - loss

Baltimore

The G-Men - loss

St Loius

Kansas City

Arizona

Denver

San Diego - loss

Houston - loss

I stunk up the joint!  lol

Ah yes, 4th and goal with no time left for the win. I can't imagine being on the losing side of that one. Ouch.

What's going on with the Giants?! Eli has 12 INT's. 3 grounding calls yesterday? They're truly terrible.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

LRB

What's going on with the Giants?! Eli has 12 INT's. 3 grounding calls yesterday? They're truly terrible.

I do not know, but they go to Soldier Field Thursday nightI cannot see big blue going 0-6, but that is going to be a tough road to hoe.

delicate flower

I stunk up the joint!  lol

I was 5-7.  Cripes, that's not even against the spread.

<3

SusanRachel

I'll get out my violin.  The )(%* government shutdown caused them to take all but one AFN channel off the air.  No football.  No baseball playoffs.  But plenty of news that makes me want to throw something at the screen.  Enjoy the late games, Sunday Night, and Monday Night Football for me.

Leaving on a business trip right now, will be on a f$&@ing plane during the early games. Angry

LRB

I'll get out my violin.  The )(%* government shutdown caused them to take all but one AFN channel off the air. 

I saw that, totally inexcusable for the sacrifices that are made by the men and women of our armed forces.

SusanRachel

A lot of what they are doing is totally inexcusable - taking down the Amber Alert web site (fortunately back up after much screaming), but not Michelle Obama's "Lets Move" web site.  Paying people to bar access to open air memorials.  Paying people to cover signs.  Kicking people out of their private homes and businesses in national forests.  Trying to bar access to the *&%ed ocean.  They are NOT trying to save money.  They are vindictive little twits who are trying to hurt people.

I saw that, totally inexcusable for the sacrifices that are made by the men and women of our armed forces.

LRB

They are vindictive little twits who are trying to hurt people.

Yep, hurt the very people who put them there.

Yuck.

Pats loss

Lions loss

Seahawks loss

Ravens

Bears loss

a pit of despair loss

Chiefs

Jags loss

Cards

Peyton

SF

Bolts loss

Falcons ?

LRB

Yuck.

My goodness man you're with me on team stank!  lol

And as if to add insult to injury, the Jets are actually looking pretty good right now so our stench could get worse.