Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #222 (Read 27 times)

onemile

Watched a video from a local sub-elite (30 minutes 10K) who is making a phd in sports psychology, and he says (he says a lot of things, actually, here's one thing) that we need to start feeling good about our accomplishments in racing, and also in training.

Examples for me:

I ran 23 miles yesterday, and I could have gone another 3.2 and got a 3:22 marathon as a LR. I'm sure of that.

My toe is bum, but I'm still running, and I'm keeping myself in pretty good shape. The fact that I can't push is helping me rest.

I do not think I'm in PR shape... hard to say... but I'm pretty sure I can pull off a sub 3:05. I'm 50 yo, no coach, I do it like I want to do it... that's pretty good actually.

Training is not perfect, but it is the best I can do. The will to run and train is there.

I might get to race a marathon when most people can't (if I don't choose to defer to 2021... I have until Friday).

I should feel pretty good about all of that!

You definitely have a lot to feel good about!

Cyberic

You definitely have a lot to feel good about!

Most of us do.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The 8 X 400m would've been better if the surge protector of the TM wouldn't be old and reset during two of the intervals. But other than that, they went well. I did those two a bit over 400m since I wasn't sure how much time had passed before the TM shut down.

57.25 for the week.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

5.6 miles at 8000 ft this morning. Went slow, picked a flattish route and it wasn't too bad. Oh and didn't get lost.

Yosemite tomorrow 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5.6 miles at 8000 ft this morning. Went slow, picked a flattish route and it wasn't too bad. Oh and didn't get lost.

Yosemite tomorrow 

You mean, yo semite?

Damaris