Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: The beginning of the end (Read 47 times)

LRB

Yeah, goal half in April. Ran it as my first and only half in '13, although mileage was very inconsistent with ALL easy miles.

I ran my first two half marathons on easy miles as well, then pulverized my third which came off of a solid training cycle. I predict a similar fate for your second HM.

onemile

I have only one of those this cycle (HM) and I am actually looking forward to it. Having run three of them during MRT no doubt helped, and I had actually forgotten that I ran in the 60's at all last fall.

I'm sure glad I'm not really training for Boston. 

LRB

I'm sure glad I'm not really training for Boston. 

Not to kiss your tail or anything but your mileage and training is pretty solid for what you are hoping to accomplish. If I can duplicate it I will be doing damn good. lol

cjones1

I ran my first two half marathons on easy miles as well, then pulverized my third which came off of a solid training cycle. I predict a similar fate for your second HM.

I hope so since I'm going to lose some appendages from frostbite for this race.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Cyberic

That is quite a complement coming from you!

I know. I have not been very nice to you in the past. Sorry 

on my way to badass

I visited my dad this morning. The suspicion is that he has early-stage multiple myeloma. He'll have a bone marrow biopsy tomorrow.

I'm f****** terrified.

Basya- my dad and uncle both have MM.  My uncle has been living with it for about 20 years, my dad for about 5.  Its really a chronic condition and can be managed.  I hope this a little bit comforting for you.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Basya - thoughts and prayers sent for your dad.

Jack - darn injuries, feel better

Oski - cool pic

3.1 earlier, 16.75 later.   My town was at 195" of snow this season as of 2/16 and has likely broken 200" by now, on pace to more than double what the city of Buffalo has gotten. 

I ran 8.  9 degrees and windy.  BRRR.

Hit 60 miles this week for the first time since last Oct. (Gotta keep up with DaveP)

Ha. Who's trying to keep up with whom.

How have your LR's been feeling? Mine have just sucked, every time, and haven't even gone past 16. I am going to just blame this damn weather.

Dave

onemile

I know. I have not been very nice to you in the past. Sorry 

Ha, I meant because your training is pretty impressive. Now I am trying to remember when you weren't nice.

onemile

Ha. Who's trying to keep up with whom.

How have your LR's been feeling? Mine have just sucked, every time, and haven't even gone past 16. I am going to just blame this damn weather.

I had a couple decent 15 milers. But my two 17 milers have sucked.  One was in 11 degrees and I felt like I had no energy.  Yesterday's was the day after my 2x3 LT run and my legs were pretty shot.  The first 2/3 wasn't bad but the rest was a struggle.  I do think that if it's much under 30 degrees, the weather is a factor. When it's really cold I feel sluggish and slow.

Ric-G, sweet 6.5.

Jack K., bravo on the five. I hope that you feel 100% soon.

DaveP MI, awesome sixteen-miler.

Rick, wow!

Marjorie, terrific 3.1.

Shari, great cycling and walking.

Phil, fantastic 5.5.

Slymoon Runs, excellent eight. Good luck with your 5K.

onemile, nice chilly eight.

Oski 2.0, beautiful snowshoeing.

Half Crazy K 2.0, awesome workout.

StoneFence, thank you for sharing. I'm simply terrified.

Jay, bravo on the doubling.

I did 4.65 miles in 50:04 on the TM. 5:00 at 3.7mph (16:12). 23:00 at 6.6mph (9:05). 27:00 at 4.0mph (15:00). Twenty-three consecutive minutes of running before I have to clear the mucous. And my brisk-walking pace is gradually increasing. I hope to be able to work out with my mask by mid-spring. I also did weights.

Thank you for your support, everyone. It's still a big surprise. His bone-marrow biopsy will be tomorrow.

workinprogress11

Basya, best wishes to your dad.

Jack, I'm sorry for the lingering injury. I like to read about you out there running fast.

9 miles on the dreadmill for me. Easy doesn't even begin to describe how slow the pace was.