Beginners and Beyond

Zunday Penguinz! (Read 25 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Cherie, my plan called for 16 w/ 8 @ MP today, but I decided to move that to next week and do a few extra miles on the trail, since next week I'll be doing my long run on the road (hard to do MP runs on the trail lol). I'm doing a Pfitz 18/70 plan, but also prepping for my trail 50k next month, so it's kind of hybrid at the moment.  I'm adding miles here and there and doing my MLRs and LRs on the trail.  After my 50k, I'll switch everything back to the road to focus for my marathon.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

SheCan

Cherie, my plan called for 16 w/ 8 @ MP today, but I decided to move that to next week and do a few extra miles on the trail, since next week I'll be doing my long run on the road (hard to do MP runs on the trail lol). I'm doing a Pfitz 18/70 plan, but also prepping for my trail 50k next month, so it's kind of hybrid at the moment.  I'm adding miles here and there and doing my MLRs and LRs on the trail.  After my 50k, I'll switch everything back to the road to focus for my marathon.

Sounds like a smart way to do it.  It always just amazes me how much you can handle.  I didn't realize your 50k was before the marathon-- but there it is right in your signature!  LOL

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Robert31320

Team TJ

Nice job, Zel!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Mmmmm...beer

Sounds like a smart way to do it.  It always just amazes me how much you can handle.  I didn't realize your 50k was before the marathon-- but there it is right in your signature!  LOL

Thanks, it amazes me most of the time too! lol  Yup, doing my 50k in the middle of my marathon training, a little unorthodox, but I wanted to give it a shot.  I'm not going to race it tho, just going to treat it like an easy long run (just really, really long lol), and hopefully not disrupt my marathon training too much.  Then next year, I'll train specifically for the 50k and race it and see what I can do.  Also toying with the idea of a 24 hour race about a month after my marathon, just to see what kind of mileage I could churn out in a day.  What's funny is that my wife keeps laughing at me, because I said I'd never do ultras.  One of these days I'll learn to never say never. Smile

Great job Mel!! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Z, what kind of handwarmers do you use?  I needed them today and it was only 12 above.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

How are you doing Obie?

obiebyke

Jerry, you're so sweet! I'm hanging in. I've been lurking on the forums this week and prepping my brain to get out there and run tomorrow.

My friend's funeral is Wednesday and I'm taking the day off to go to the visitation and service and then pick up my Turkey Trot race packet before helping my family with day-before-Thanksgiving plans.

My great uncle is a miracle. Yesterday he was in bad bad shape. He had a severe internal bleed and went through 10 units of blood. We thought the worst. They finally got a long enough scope to see where it was coming from and took care of it. I went down to Rochester, MN to see him today. My god, when I got there, he was lying in bed and grabbed my hand while he watched the Vikings game. He was lucid and in good spirits. By the time I left, he had been sitting straight-backed in a chair (the man broke his femur and had a rod put in a week ago!) for an hour, lifting his legs up and cranking his ankles around. 94 years old.

I'm exhausted but grateful. He's old and has lived a full life, but I'll take all the additional time I can get.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

on my way to badass

So glad to hear the good news Obie!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

hog4life

Obie, that is good news about your great uncle.

My planned 20 miler was a bust, ended with 13.5. Too tired, too hungry.