Beginners and Beyond

New Years Day 2018! MonDailies (Read 39 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

OFR - Great song by a great band.  I think you'll have a very strong year.

Mr MattM - How's it going?  Glad to see you pop in with some nice running.

blue - I'd have gone in Buck Naked (not that it's my adult film name or anything).... yep, when water temp is warmer than air temp, it's not so bad.

ROS - I ditched my 235 and went back to my 220.  Go figure?  Hope you get it all worked out.  Sucks if you have to buy another gadget.

Everyone else - Happy New Year!

8 for me this morning in 7 degrees with 14 mpw wind (wind gusts near buildings can be brutal).  I figured out why the wee wee hurts, but I'll get back to that later...

There's no easy way to say this, but the reason for my haphazard participation in the dailies lately is that my mom has been battling her last days with cancer.  She is in the west coast, so I've been going back and forth. Anyway, she passed away early this morning, in peace, and without pain.  I may be MIA again until we get everything settled with the family.  She will join her husband and our father in Arlington National Cemetery soon.  Sorry for passing sad personal news on the first day of the year, but in a way, I see this as a positive.  She was 85, had a very fulfilling life, and she left us in peace.  I couldn't ask for anything more for her.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Cyberic

Blue, I do not doubt you are speaking the truth, yet my mind can't believe it.

About the bluetooth issue, my Fenix 3 sometimes loses connection with my phone. i *think* it happens when I've been far from my phone for a while. I always thought it was a phone issue. I deactivate and reactivate bluetooth on my phone and all is good. But maybe it's the watch...

Half Crazy K 2.0

ROS, I blame one of the app updates. My 220 and phone will connect before my run and then disconnect at some point. After each run, I have to turn Bluetooth off on the watch, turn it off on the phone, then turn both back on and it does its thing. Periodically there will be an app update and then it sometimes quits working until the next update.

Bert-o sorry for your loss.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm exhausted!  We are taking out the painted concrete floor downstairs that is over the Mexican Tiles and hammering the floor is fun and unstressed but boy am I sore.  Then, I went to OTF and they killed us with the first workout of the year.  Run/Row for the TM, lots of weights for the second half.  And I ran 3 outside to finish my 5.  The end.  Serving myself my first martini of the year.

Congrats, blue.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bert-O, I'm very sorry for your loss. Hugs.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Behold my polar bear plunge attire!  Minus the jacket, hat, and sunglasses.  Good lord, I'm cold just looking at this.

😂

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Behold my polar bear plunge attire!  Minus the jacket, hat, and sunglasses.  Good lord, I'm cold just looking at this.

😂

between this and the picture on your instagram I have never seen you smile so big

or is that a crazy person grin? 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluerun, I'm cold just looking at that picture.

Cyberic

😂

Brrrrrrrr! You are one courageous gal!

hog4life

bert, so sorry to her about your loss.

RD for me. Last night while working, I had a hard time walking and especially going up and down stairs, and so far, tonight is much better. My legs are not too bad after I was able to get 7 hours of sleep today. 50k's are dumb!

bluerun

Super B****

between this and the picture on your instagram I have never seen you smile so big

More like the latter!!  I laughed the whole way through because I could not believe I was actually doing it; the prospect of ME doing a polar bear plunge is just so hysterical I couldn't help it.

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hog, just saw your post from yesterday. That sounds like a challenging race-I can't imagine 10 loops, especially in this cold.

DavePNW

I don't think I've ever seen you show teeth in any picture. What's next, your eyes?

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I don't think I've ever seen you show teeth in any picture. What's next, your eyes?

There exists such a photo from today that shows both at once.   (Naturally, I hate it.  Except for the part where you can actually see the goosebumps on my arms.)

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Love that picture.  You look so happy...allegedly. Wink

Damaris