Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies #22 (Read 20 times)

DavePNW

I had a 6:00 meeting, so ran after that. Which was kind of nice because then ir was light(ish) out. No headlamp needed but I wore the Noxgear to be safe. Because even in the light it was kind of dark—a drizzly 43 degrees. I ran 7 miles with strides. The whole time I had a dull ache in my right hip, which is a brand new thing. I guess dull ache is better than sharp pain, but it wasn’t the most pleasant thing. Hopefully it’s not going to be a long term issue, I guess we’ll find out.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! RD for me.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

3 miles in the dark and hard rain. Probably the rainiest I've run in years. I was completely soaked within like 2 min. Also wore my Noxgear and headlamp. Thankfully 57F so not too cold. I made the mistake of wearing a long sleeve which weighed like 10 lbs within minutes from being water logged. The drive into work was super sketchy due to flooded roadways. I think the rain is supposed to continue solidly until tomorrow morning--it's basically a years worth of rain over 3 days.

Baboon

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  I waited until daybreak to start my run so I didn't have to wear a headlamp or nuke vest.  I ran easy and set out to do my scheduled five miles, but ended up with eight hilly miles.  I am being better this year about keeping the easy runs easy and it's nice how my legs don't get tired on those runs.  It was 11 degrees but warmer weather arrives tomorrow.

I signed up for a 5K this Sunday.  No idea how I'll do.  I am still trying to get my speed back.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I ran 4¼ yesterday late afternoon.  It was warmer by then, but the clouds were rolling in.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19