Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies: Another day, another mile. (Read 32 times)

LRB

Maybe I should do that.

Your time is coming!

Cyberic

7.75 miles, easy. MP run, tomorrow.

Cyberic

Sounds like a nice way to get them inspired to start.  Good luck!

Out of the 4 that showed:

- One girl who doesn't run, but would like to try someday

- One guy who is not steady. He's been running for a while (longer than me), at some point about 5 times per week, but can also go through very long stretches without running.

- One guy who's a Jack-Know-It-All. He was/is a runner, but prefers biking because he keeps getting injured while running. I disagree with half of what he says. That is also true with work issues.

- One girl who doesn't look like a runner because of her weight, but goes out 5-6 times a week for a 5 K run/walk (0.5 K walk WU + 3K run + 1.5K CD). She's lost 40 pounds in one year.

My favorite is the last one. She's probably the slowest, but I like her mind set. She gets out and runs. Period.

The Jack-Know-It-All is obviously the one I have the hardest time with, although the strongest runner, after me. The problem is that he states all the main stream ideas as if they were truths.

Ex:

You have to run on the forefoot because ... (we all know what the arguments are).

You've got to aim for 180 steps per minute because...

and so on.

I run on the balls of my feet and have a quick turnover, so you'd think I'd agree with him, but no. It's a good way to run for this and that reason, but not necessarily THE way to run. That is where I don't agree with him.

And because I don't like the guy so much, I have less patience with him. It's all good, though.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe if he could try something new he wouldn't be consistently injured?  Just a guess. Smile

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Maybe if he could try something new he wouldn't be consistently injured?  Just a guess. Smile

HEY!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Tempo run was some rough going today.  I decided to run from my house, which means hills.  4 x 10 minute tempo with 2 minute recoveries.  Tempo paces were 6:58 (downhill), 7:04 (flat), 7:53 (uphill), 7:38 (flat and tired).  85 degrees, tired legs, and work on my mind.  7.77 miles at 7:32 avg pace.  Not bad, but not great.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 mostly easy. Yay, 4 day weekend has started.

LRB

I did my 6 at the Paint Creek Trail after all (something came up and I needed to run an errand immediately after work). With the immense, thick canopy cover and the position of the evening sun, it was much cooler than the 84 degree temperature outside of it.

LRB

The Jack-Know-It-All is obviously the one I have the hardest time with, although the strongest runner, after me. The problem is that he states all the main stream ideas as if they were truths.

I try to avoid doing that in all aspects of life, because there is always another way, idea, or method of accomplishing something.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

But he probably read that on RW and isn't RW the ultimate authority in all things running?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bluerun

Super B****

But he probably read that on RW and isn't RW the ultimate authority in all things running?

I thought that was the letsrun forums.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Ric-G

4 miles this evening

eric  - very cool with your folks at work....  except for the know it all.

marathon pr - 3:16