Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Boon is racing the Philly marathon today! (Read 58 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

... Door is sooo wide open here ...

I thought about it for a moment, then said fuck it and kept that sentence 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Marj, I still have light dizziness, accompanied by mild headaches. It comes and goes. And when I'm not running, I feel the urge to sleep all the time. I'm blaming accumulated fatigue. And I also have more work than I'm used to, so that must count for something as well. I will make sure to explain all of this to my family doctor next week. I'm also meeting with my cardiologist on Dec. 3rd. Together, we'll decide if I should tone the running down for a while. I'm hoping it does not come to that. Thanks for asking, (((Marj))).

I ran 15 miles. 15 very slow miles. So slow they qualify as recovery miles and not even easy pace. The thought of one more mile would have sent me crawling and crying in a corner. After 2 back to back races, I think I am now suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.  40 miles for the week total, which is where the recovery plan wants me, so at least that's one good thing.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Baboon

delicate flower

In the car for the for hour drive home.  This should be fun. Wife is driving.  My hurt hurts.

<3

B-Plus

Here's the live stream info for the Chiba Ekiden tonight in case you want to cheer for team Canada:

http://www.trackie.com/track-and-field/Articles/2014-chiba-ekiden-relay-live-stream-information/12965/

It starts at 11:00 eastern. I will likely miss it.

LRB

In the car for the for hour drive home.  This should be fun. Wife is driving.  My hurt hurts.

Excellent, now you can write your race report on your lap top...you did bring your laptop didn't you? 

And say hello to the MBC for me would ya?  We miss her. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Excellent, now you can write your race report on your lap top...you did bring your laptop didn't you? 

And say hello to the MBC for me would ya?  We miss her. 

She says "Hi!"  Big grin

She did the HM dressed as Peter Pan again and her chip didn't work.  Hmph.  She jogged it.

<3

Cyberic

...I'm blaming accumulated fatigue. And I also have more work than I'm used to, so that must count for something as well. ...

I ran 15 miles. 15 very slow miles. So slow they qualify as recovery miles and not even easy pace. The thought of one more mile would have sent me crawling and crying in a corner. After 2 back to back races, I think I am now suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.  40 miles for the week total, which is where the recovery plan wants me, so at least that's one good thing.

A wise woman once said, about pacing in a race, something like: "Why run slow when you feel like running fast? Why run fast when you feel like running slow?".

I'm tempted to add my own two cents to that: why run so much when you don't feel like running?"  After 2 marathons in two weeks, your body sending you signals, no race on the horizon... maybe a week or two of rest?

Just a thought.

LRB

She says "Hi!"  Big grin

She did the HM dressed as Peter Pan again and her chip didn't work.  Hmph.  She jogged it.

Banditted it 'eh?  Tell her not to post that on Facebook because the last guy that did got absolutely shredded. 

So what did you eat after that ass whoopin' you put on Philly? What did you wear during the race?  Did the PM visit you during the race? Why are you holding back, inquiring minds want to know son!

LRB

40 miles for the week total, which is where the recovery plan wants me, so at least that's one good thing.

I love you, so that's two good things. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Just take care, Julie. With your history, don't push!

Marjorie

workinprogress11

Baboon, congratulations on a great PR. You will continue to see lot of improvements, I bet.

Julie, I didn't know you were having issues.  I'm sorry. Take care of yourself and rest when your body tells you to for a while. Our bodies are a lot smarter than our brains.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Marj, I still have light dizziness, accompanied by mild headaches. It comes and goes. And when I'm not running, I feel the urge to sleep all the time. I'm blaming accumulated fatigue. And I also have more work than I'm used to, so that must count for something as well. I will make sure to explain all of this to my family doctor next week. I'm also meeting with my cardiologist on Dec. 3rd. Together, we'll decide if I should tone the running down for a while. I'm hoping it does not come to that. Thanks for asking, (((Marj))).

Good luck at the doctor.  Hope you start feeling better soon.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I had to read that twice before I realized there was a typo. At first I thought that was an extraneous for before hour. I've made the drive to CT many times and four hours is about right.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I had to read that twice before I realized there was a typo. At first I thought that was an extraneous for before hour. I've made the drive to CT many times and four hours is about right.

I am still trying to figure out what hurts, his hurt or something else. 

Hi WIP! 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay Baboon!!! I did not see him there but I did see his wife on the course! Nice PR man! How did Mtnbikechick do?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to