Beginners and Beyond

Rainy FriDailies (Read 30 times)

KCRuns

It's rainy and yuck out there this morning.  Good thing it's a rest day for me.

Whatcha got?

DavePNW

Where are all you people on East Coast Time?

5 miles with a spontaneous decision to add 8 strides at the end. It felt not too bad, albeit not too fast either.

Dave

DavePNW

It's rainy and yuck out there this morning.  Good thing it's a rest day for me.

Whatcha got?

What's Sunday's weather?

Dave

From the Internet.

5k race weekend, woohoo!

I'll head out for an hour or so easy in a little bit, will do about the same tomorrow, then race on Sunday. I'm like 85% of the way into committing to a half marathon on 10/21. I think I might actually be in PR shape, if only because my PR was set during marathon training as part of a 19 mile day on a tough course, lol.

KCRuns

What's Sunday's weather?

Right now, 63 at the start and cloudy, 67 at the end with a 30% chance of rain.  Humidity 95%, dew point 63.

MTA: I don't know how I feel about it yet.  It is too warm, but cloudy and no sun will help. So I'm obsessing again over my plan.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.  I swam this morning for the first time in a couple of weeks, and it certainly felt like it.  It was slow and tired going.  2500 yards done.

So I'm obsessing again over my plan.

Sounds like you are doing it right.  

<3

sdWhiskers

5 easy miles in the darkness. The roads were wet so maybe we finally got some rain?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 4 with strides after Pilates tonight.

I don't love that Chicago forecast but it's one of the coolest ones I have done in the last 5 years, so I'm not going to whine too much.  Still, it sucks, lol.

Damaris

KCRuns

Morning!  I have 4 with strides after Pilates tonight.

I don't love that Chicago forecast but it's one of the coolest ones I have done in the last 5 years, so I'm not going to whine too much.  Still, it sucks, lol.

Last year it was 56 at the start.  Obviously it got much hotter later in the race than this weekend's forecast, but I don't like a warmer start.  I'm praying for a surprise cold front.  Or a breeze off the lake.

Runshortii

Right now, 63 at the start and cloudy, 67 at the end with a 30% chance of rain.  Humidity 95%, dew point 63.

MTA: I don't know how I feel about it yet.  It is too warm, but cloudy and no sun will help. So I'm obsessing again over my plan.

I keep seeing thunderstorms so I’ll take yours. It’s rained for every race this summer I’ve ran, you would think I could have one dry one. Better that than sunny and hot though

Runshortii

Which btw, for a rainy marathon is a poncho really necessary? I keep seeing about people wearing them if it rains...but...idk I would almost rather just get wet. And I don’t carry my phone or ear buds so that’s not an issue

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nah, I would just get wet unless it's rainy, 40s and windy.  Carrying one more layer will only make me warmer.  I carry my phone and earbuds and unless it's Miami rain (heavy rain), they will survive, so not worried.

I will have a throwaway at the start to not get too wet.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

KC, shorti, and Docket, best of luck in Chicago!  No pressure or anything but we'll be watching your splits and don't let us down.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

KC, shorti, and Docket, best of luck in Chicago!  No pressure or anything but we'll be watching your splits and don't let us down.

Yeah, good luck with that on mine! 

Thanks!

Damaris

onemile

KC at 4:50 and shorti at 3:25, right?

Docket???