Beginners and Beyond

Recover Sundailies (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow D_R! If your health can keep on behaving, you'll be running PRs again pretty soon!

Yeap, so far!

It's been also a year since I dropped all meds (asthma, BP, everything).  It took around 9 months for the meds to get off my system but I finally feel normal again.  Unfortunately, the meds that keep us alive also tend to screw us up in many other ways.  Glad to be off them.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Oh well. McMillan said I could run a 2:05. I ran a 2:05:10. 40 secs slower than my 6 year old PR.  Boom!

And my husband broke the PR he just got two weeks ago. Now it’s 2:18:15.

Awesome job to both Dockets!!  Nice work, DR.  Good call by your coach to make you race in the nice weather.

Happy to report that I stayed off the treadmill.  8 miles done and the roads were surprisingly clear.  I wore trail shoes but didn't have to.  As far as the running goes, I was tired and sluggish.

<3

Runshortii

Awesome race D!!

i ran my 13 last night after work at 11pm on the treadmill. New longest distance on the TM for me. Last two miles were supposed to be at 7:30 pace but were 7:15-750ish, I have such a hard time running fast on the treadmill. I have 5 to do tonight

bluerun

Super B****

Great job, Docket!!

16.1 AlterG miles here, because I don't want to slip on black ice and break my neck, and because I need to remain relatively intact for next weekend.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

URD #2. Back is the same. 

How about blasting that thing with a strong regimen of Motrin or some other anti-inflammatory for 24 hours. Just a thought, I'm sure you know what you're doing having dealt with it in the past.

LRB

Yeap, so far!

It's been also a year since I dropped all meds (asthma, BP, everything).  It took around 9 months for the meds to get off my system but I finally feel normal again.  Unfortunately, the meds that keep us alive also tend to screw us up in many other ways.  Glad to be off them.

The new you looks like the old you. :thumb up:

LRB

Great job, Docket!!

16.1 AlterG miles here, because I don't want to slip on black ice and break my neck, and because I need to remain relatively intact for next weekend.

What's up?

LRB

Awesome race D!!

i ran my 13 last night after work at 11pm on the treadmill. New longest distance on the TM for me. Last two miles were supposed to be at 7:30 pace but were 7:15-750ish, I have such a hard time running fast on the treadmill. I have 5 to do tonight

How many of those miles count for today?

LRB

As far as the running goes, I was tired and sluggish.

A victory lap.

bluerun

Super B****

What's up?

Oh, I wanted to do a Chanukah race because I'd like to run something in conjunction with a holiday I actually celebrate... but the Running Festival of Lights is no more, and the closest race I can find is in Passaic.  Which isn't THAT far, but still.  I was asking if anyone knew of anything closer, and somehow that turned into a little road trip, so there are other people doing this race BECAUSE of me, and it would really suck if I couldn't run it myself.  (Not that staying on the AlterG is a guarantee of anything...)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Speaking of for shit runs, I finished up an absolute dog of a week with another awful 7.38 miles. It was the same route that I ran the other day when my Garmin decided to call in sick. I initially guesstimated that run at 7.42 miles, then changed it to 7.32. Not that it matters but it does. If it didn't there wouldn't be a need for a watch, or a running log, or mile markers for that matter.

Coastal

Awesome splits, Docket!  Congrats to both of you.

Got in 4.1 out on the road.  No time today to do the Y so decided to try the roads.  Definitely different effect on my knee.  Had to adjust the strap a few times until things finally settled down.  Weather was cool but otherwise perfect.  Felt great to get outside.

zzyzx

31 minutes on the elliptical cross country setting. 3.1 miles.

breadnatty08

A quick weekly wrapup since I don't think I posted all week!  Finally getting over a cold that bogged me down all of last week.  Picked up some new Hoka Speedgoat 2s!  Really like em, think they'll do well in the more technical places.  Hoping to get in another week or so of solid miles before the restaurant opens.  

Weekly Summary
                              Monday, Dec 04, 2017 thru Sunday, Dec 10, 2017

<tfoot> </tfoot>
                              Day Miles Pace Description Egain Link
                              Mon 8.9 8:06 Afternoon Run 938 strava
                              Tue 11.1 7:08 Morning Run 2x2mi tempo-ish 393 strava
                              Wed 8.2 8:18 Breezy Morning Trails 1180 strava
                              Thu 9.1 8:20 Morning Trails 1197 strava
                              Fri 11.7 8:02 Morning Run 1111 strava
                              Sat 14.9 8:17 Where' the snow? Sad 1902 strava
                              Sun 9.5 8:07 Picture Perfect in RCP 1351 strava
                                73.4 8:02   8072  

Find me on Strava

onemile

Sorry to hear about your back DaveP.

Runshortii that is dedication do a run at 11pm on the treadmill, and a long run even.

Nice pace for your 5k yesterday oldfart. Sucks to end up with a short course that you can't really count as a PR.