Beginners and Beyond

Time for the Sundailies to get it done (Read 46 times)

Cyberic

But there are months of this crap ahead.  I was so cold out there today, I almost cried, and it's going to get so much worse!!  (Remember how I was loving the heat all summer while everyone whined about it?  THIS IS WHY.)

Doesn't need to be very cold out to be chilled to the bone when standing or sitting still for a few hours.

LRB

I've used the Boston shirt now and again. Don't want to overuse but then it hits me that it's just a shirt.

I took inventory of my marathon shirts (they are all long sleeve). I have 5, three of which I have never run in; Charlevoix 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2016.

I sometimes sleep in my Detroit 2014 shirt (it's a really comfortable fabric). My Monumental Marathon 2015 shirt (DNF), is still in the plastic it came with. The only one I run in ironically, is my Detroit 2013 shirt, which was a DNS (I am not one of those people who think you shouldn't wear an event shirt you didn't race in. I paid for the bitch, I'll wear it).

I mostly wear them in casual settings, and even then it's not often. So it makes sense then that I have the same thoughts regarding the Boston top.

Let's hope there's plenty to go around!

You're next!

Dave

I sometimes sleep in my Detroit 2014 shirt (it's a really comfortable fabric). 

That's one of my favorites, although for some reason it seems I rarely wear it.

Dave

onemile

I took inventory of my marathon shirts (they are all long sleeve). I have 5, three of which I have never run in; Charlevoix 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2016.

I sometimes sleep in my Detroit 2014 shirt (it's a really comfortable fabric). My Monumental Marathon 2015 shirt (DNF), is still in the plastic it came with. The only one I run in ironically, is my Detroit 2013 shirt, which was a DNS (I am not one of those people who think you shouldn't wear an event shirt you didn't race in. I paid for the bitch, I'll wear it).

I mostly wear them in casual settings, and even then it's not often. So it makes sense then that I have the same thoughts regarding the Boston top.

I actually wore my 10-10-10 Chicago Marathon shirt for my Mutt 5k today but I was so freaking cold when I got there I put the race shirt on top of it. But that is a nice nike shirt and one of my favorites.

LRB

I actually wore my 10-10-10 Chicago Marathon shirt for my Mutt 5k today but I was so freaking cold when I got there I put the race shirt on top of it. But that is a nice nike shirt and one of my favorites.

And posted at 10:10. 

LRB

Hoping everything is OK wit Damaris.  Did she go straight from finish to the airport?

She just landed. 👍

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

DAVE!!!!  3:28:55 and a BQ like a MOFO!!!

Yay!  Congrats!  Very happy for you!

My asthma made me so slow it was faster if I had walked but I finished. I wanted to quit when we looped back to downtown but my husband said I would have to run to the hotel or keep going cause he was not bringing my ventra. So I finished. Fucker.

Damaris

Ric-G

D - way to tough it out!

stone - congrats

onem- very cool run with the pooch!

dave - what can I say...friggin great job and great splits...xlnt stuff. congrats and enjoy this big time!

was out all day and came in a while ago and ran 5.5 easy.

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She just landed. 👍

Says the one who texted me when I did. 

I went from marathon to shower to lunch to airport.  Very fast and since my husband was texting me all race long to keep me from quitting, I had no cell battery left so I checked very briefly.  Thanks for worrying and cheering!  This was the one marathon that went like my very first.  Why am I so slow?  Why I can't move?  Now I know what it is (compared to then).  It just sucks that it happened so quickly.  Can't this happen at Mile 24 or something? LOL.

Damaris

B-Plus

Missed the free shoes by 25 seconds

I think it needs to be on US soil? Try again at Seattle Marathon

LRB

Says the one who texted me when I did. 

That was when you got it. It was sent much earlier than that.