Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: The calm after the storm (Read 40 times)

LRB

No. You will stress out more as the race gets closer.

+1

You may actually even run 26 miles the day before just to make sure you can do it.

Cyberic

Scotty :  Smile 60 minutes doesn't make the cut to qualify as a long run anymore.  It might qualify again some day though.

Ended running in real cool weather with only a T-Shirt and shorts. It was a little cold for a slow-ish run so I did my intervals today.

6 x 500m-ish at Interval pace with... 2 minutes rest between. That's a lot of rest, but I pride myself in being a slacker Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

+1

You may actually even run 26 miles the day before just to make sure you can do it.

STOP FREAKING HER OUT!

Damaris

delicate flower

10 miles at 7:18 pace.  You heard.  Post-awesome run endorphins all up in this mofo.

<3

LRB

STOP FREAKING HER OUT!

I meant dream it.  

LRB

Scotty :  Smile 60 minutes doesn't make the cut to qualify as a long run anymore.  It might qualify again some day though.

Ended running in real cool weather with only a T-Shirt and shorts. It was a little cold for a slow-ish run so I did my intervals today.

6 x 500m-ish at Interval pace with... 2 minutes rest between. That's a lot of rest, but I pride myself in being a slacker Big grin

That's still solid!

Nice run Boon!

B-Plus

Jay - As a follow up to the ON beer talk yesterday, just wondering if you ever stock any BC brew? Today I'm going to pick up the Philips Green Reaper fresh hops ISA if there are any left.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No. You will stress out more as the race gets closer.

If I think about it, I do kind of stress which is why I try hard not to think about it too much. I'm afraid I won't be able to eat anything the morning of the race..... my stomach will be in knots lol.

Haha LRB, I'm not freaking out..... even when I read race reports about people's first time being awful and just miserable or as soon as they cross the finish their legs feel like they had gone through a meat grinder. My biggest dread is the day after, the drive home.... 3 hours stuck in a sitting position after running my longest distance.

But I just keep telling myself to enjoy it, take it easy and not go out fast and to not think about the mileage until half way or maybe even at the 30k mat. I will have my mp3 player this time, which I haven't had during my long runs and the plan (hope) is that DH, stepsons and son will be at the Riverside Park just after mile 20 to see me and hopefully hand me my 12 oz bottle of grape gatorade as I know the course will have lemon-lime and I'll be craving grape by that point. Then my mom and sister who will be driving up that morning are going to try and see me anywhere between miles 23 and 25, so hopefully that will give me another boost Smile

Right now I am just trying to relax. Just wait until either this Friday or next Monday, then you'll see freaking out 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

I ran FIVE AND A HALF minutes today! Big grin 4 1 minute jogs with 4-5 minutes walking in between, one 90 second jog at the end. It was lovely, just enough to satisfy my run craving and remind me that I'll still remember how to run after I'm fully recovered - no pushing it so the hernia doesn't recur!

Supposed to rain for the rest of the week so I don't know how much walking I'll do - running in the rain is nice, walking in the rain, not so much.

Cyberic

Lily, I think your RR is due today, isn't it?

DavePNW

And a 25 cent fine will be assessed for each day overdue.

Dave

happylily

I just got home! Give me time to unpack, at least.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Jay - As a follow up to the ON beer talk yesterday, just wondering if you ever stock any BC brew? Today I'm going to pick up the Philips Green Reaper fresh hops IPA if there are any left.

FMP and got it:

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, it is.  Tick tock, tick tock.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My chest was so tight I barely breathed through my run but it was done and at a normal pace.

Damaris