Beginners and Beyond

5K RR - the first time I ever far exceeded my own expectations (Read 84 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Great job!

PADRunner

Nice!

Cyberic

Just. Plain. Awesome.

Huge congrats. I second LRB in thinking that maybe if you would have pushed more at the beginning you may have ended with a slower instead of faster finish time. But what the hell do I know? You were the one out there, so you know best how you were feeling. Shooting for sub 19 next week? Ya, man! Go for it!

I'm always secretly competing with you (ok, not a secret anymore), and I'm so glad you are flirting with the sub 19, because that means that now I have to do it too! Of course, in my case, I probably won't give it a shot before next summer, if not next fall.

So do drop that time some more, Phil, it makes me happy for you, and it sets standards for me.

outoftheblue

It's fantastic when that kind of race day magic happens.   Awesome job.

Life is good.

onemile

I'm always secretly competing with you (ok, not a secret anymore), and I'm so glad you are flirting with the sub 19, because that means that now I have to do it too! 

I can't keep up with you boys anymore!

Congrats Phil!

delicate flower

Shooting for sub 19 next week? Ya, man! Go for it!

I'm always secretly competing with you (ok, not a secret anymore), and I'm so glad you are flirting with the sub 19, because that means that now I have to do it too! Of course, in my case, I probably won't give it a shot before next summer, if not next fall.

Yep, shooting for sub-19.  I really have no reason not to.  I have PR'd at that race every year for the past four years.  If I blow up and run 24 minutes, I really won't give a shit.  

Hey, we come here for support, motivation, and friendly competition.  If one person's race time helps push someone else, we're doing it right.  Smile  And I am jealous of your marathon time and BQ, especially since the marathon is my distance of choice.

<3

From the Internet.

Congratulations!  I think with the change of focus from the marathon to the IM, you are running less or equal miles, but doing other XT that is actually helping your legs heal while working them hard.  And the new coach, all made it possible.  Your legs have been ready for a while; you just needed a good day.  ANd you had it!

+1. I think it's been in your ability for a while, just needed the right combination of training and race to let it out! Congrats, and looking forward to hearing about your imminent crushing of the 19-minute barrier! Smile

workinprogress11

+1. I think it's been in your ability for a while, just needed the right combination of training and race to let it out! Congrats, and looking forward to hearing about your imminent crushing of the 19-minute barrier! Smile

I second all of this. Congratulations!

BexKix, Bagel Defender

Woohoo, congrats!  Great to see your success.  Clink!

Congrats Phil!

That is one hell of a PR when you weren't even feeling fully exerted.  Sub 19, it will happen.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats!  You're going to have to get our Flash outfit on pretty soon!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt