Beginners and Beyond

Brrr ThursDailies (Read 16 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

A week ago I ran in 64º.  Today it was below freezing with 20mph winds making it feel like it was in the teens.  7 miles with 4 at HM effort, which turned out to be a tad faster than expected, maybe because of the cold.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Baboon

delicate flower

Hi!  I had the same weather bullshit as Fred this morning.  Just 5 easy miles for me though.  Speaking of bullshit weather, the HM I've got Saturday which I had been looking forward to has a weather forecast that includes 3" of rain with 15-20 mph winds.   jhfc

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Same weather BS here. Ideal morning for a fire drill.

Luckily my HM is Sunday,  so the rain should be done. And since Baboon is also doing one, I have no chance of getting the race point.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm glad someone had our windy weather for once. Wind has lowered here to around 10mph. I have 6 later.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Luckily my HM is Sunday,  so the rain should be done. And since Baboon is also doing one, I have no chance of getting the race point.

Well Whiskers said that last time but then michaelmarty destroyed both of us.

<3

sdWhiskers

Woke up and realized the Padres game was still on so watched the last 2 innings. And sounds like Ohtani has a gambling problem.

It's high 70F here of course. Went for a 2 mi walk yesterday and coughed my way around the park. I'll probably wait until tomorrow to try for a jog.

sdWhiskers

Sounds like his may count as a swim and not a run!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm screwed for my marathon because even assuming no one is running a marathon the weekend of the 21st, the Boston marathon is that Monday so same week as mine, waaahhhh. LOL.

Damaris

DavePNW

I ended up running at 5:30 PM yesterday, which is better than a 9 PM post-dinner run like I did the day before. I was going for 1-mile tempo intervals, shooting for 5 and maybe 6 if I was feeling it. Paces were meh, but it was kind of hilly & windy so hard to really tell. I was at least glad to get a hard effort in, because I didn’t know how this week would shake out with my travel schedule. I also lost count of my intervals, which is pretty bad with such a small number, but the good news is I amazingly undercounted—I thought I was on #4 till checking total mileage and realizing I must be on #5. Usually mis-counting goes the other direction. I did the 6, and ended up with 10+ total. 

This morning I knew I’d have to get something in early, since I’m flying out today and don’t expect to be motivated to run after I get home around 7 PM. I set my alarm for 5:30 AM (which is 3:30 my time), hoping to get about 6 miles. I hit the snooze I swear just once but then it was suddenly 6:30. Still managed to just barely squeeze in 3 miles on the treadmill.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We went out for our run at 2pm. Feels like 30F (35F), sunny, low breeze. It was awesome.

Damaris