Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES Has a question for the powers that be... (Read 62 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch, jjs.

Stay safe, Dave.

This day has been TOO BUSY!

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sorry for being a bad forumite the last few days.  I've been crazy busy, but I was able to get my workout in.  It was a much needed confidence lifter after what's been a sub par week of running to this point.  The session was:

3 mi easy

2x10 HMP/10k pace w/2min recovery jog....Set 1 (6:06, 6:04 pace (.65mi)), Set 2 (5:59, 6:00 (.68mi))

3 mi easy

Not quite the brutal Daniels one, but still fairly hefty.  Next time it goes to 3x10 min just to up the fun factor.

Tonight will be 4 more easy miles and then yoga class (the yoga instructor wants to run a little with us as she's doing her first marathon - Buffalo - in October.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

meghan- have you done running wizard? Yes, enjoying the damn bounding lol but glad to be done!

scotty just here til tomorrow anyway so the hills are done.....now I will be off to Damaris weather-heat and humidity! Also done with the hill workouts in my plan....next week is speed time! I tried to research if there were any good running paths to drive to by my grandma but they all have hills too!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

At least you will be running in flat terrain.  Although that means nothing in 100F and 77DP.

So, my boss is going on vacation tomorrow and he just shoved 10 projects to me (at 330) and he wants them today.  Good thing he stays at the office until 11 because I am going to turn the laptop off at 430 and go for a run before I go crazy!

He did say he wanted to clone me.  I say we let him and divide the work evenly.

Damaris

Just B.S.

Dang, Beth, you can swim 1,500 meters?  That's 1,499 more meters than I can swim!  Good luck with your swim today and then your following run.   What do you do, have someone drop you off at the lake, then just swim, get out of the lake, and run right home?  Where do you stow your running shoes, etc., while you're swimming?

Actually Scotty I can swim 2.2 km without stopping. I know this because i did it last weekend !Smile

7 months ago I could barely make 50 meters so there is always hope!

I swim with hubby at a local lake that has a clubhouse, change room etc. After the swim I change into

my running gear, we drive toward home until I say "OK stop and let me out" then I run the rest of the

way home.

Home having a snack to fuel up and heading for the swim portion now. It's 90 here and I

can't wait to get in the water.

Jess runs for bacon

Hey everyone! URD today, was planning on 3 easy this evening, but I had a very late heavy lunch and it still hasn't digested. Last time I did that I felt like I was going to barf my whole run. So I am going to pass and just run tomorrow morning.

meaghansketch

meghan- have you done running wizard? Yes, enjoying the damn bounding lol but glad to be done!

scotty just here til tomorrow anyway so the hills are done.....now I will be off to Damaris weather-heat and humidity! Also done with the hill workouts in my plan....next week is speed time! I tried to research if there were any good running paths to drive to by my grandma but they all have hills too!!

Yes, I did RW 1 1/2 times -- once for an HM and then I did the first 1/2 of it (aerobic phase and hills phase) for a marathon I didn't end up running.  I didn't feel like the conditioning/sharpening phase worked great for me personally in the HM (My HM PRs have been set on basically no taper) so swapped out that part for the last 8 weeks of a different plan.  Maybe not the best plan but I guess we'll never know how I would have done with the marathon.  I was glad to be done with the hill phase too!

meaghansketch

There is too much uncertainty there sister girl to be canceling a for sure run!

You are a smart man!

Well, I definitely have a limit on how long I can clean closets for so if I hit my limit before the gym closes I might see if I can get a couple miles in.

LRB

So I am going to pass and just run tomorrow morning.

I am holding you to that.  Cool

StepbyStep-SH

I had a nice surprise in the mail today: the third place medal for my age group for the 10k I ran Saturday. Since the AGs were 10-year spans, I really didn't think I was fast enough to place, but I guess I was wrong. I'd like to find complete results to see what times my peers ran, but I don't think the  group posts anything online. I'll take it, though - there are some fast ladies in the 40s around here; it is often the toughest age group.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I had a nice surprise in the mail today: the third place medal for my age group for the 10k I ran Saturday.

Congrats!

Now pics or it didn't happen, you know the rules!

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats!

Now pics or it didn't happen, you know the rules!

If it were easier to post pics here I would, but I hate having to deal with a third-party site. I'm just not that tech-savvy. :P

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I'm just not that tech-savvy. :P

You are doing good just posting on the forum 'eh?  I will take your word for it, but only because you are a lady.

Robert31320

Team TJ

4.1 roasting hot miles at the park after work.  107* heat index makes a tough run.  It's done though so I happy.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

3 miles to complete the day.  98F, ugh.

When is December coming again?

Damaris