Beginners and Beyond

Miles Game Team Running Competition (Read 22 times)

SusanRachel

All,
    The miles game is back!

For those not familiar, what is the miles game?  It is a team competition between ten teams, each with about 20 people.  The teams compete for total weekly mileage and individuals compete for highest mileage for the week.  Each team has a captain and its own Facebook team page where team members gather to chat about their runs and their days.  There is great camaraderie and spirited competition.  It is motivational because you are no longer running only for yourself.  You are running for a team.

There are a few changes.  First, the base camp of the game is no longer here.  It is on Facebook.  That isn't to say that you have to be on Facebook to play; just that is the home base of the game.  If you would like to play and are on Facebook, request membership on the Miles Game Refugees page.  There is an "add me" thread there with instructions on the location of the reporting website and how to get added to a team.  If you are not on FB, message me here and I will get you squared away.  Second, inviting non-forum running friends and family is allowed.  Being on RWBF or Running Ahead is no longer a prerequisite for being in the game.  If you would like to join with a family member, that is encouraged.  We have several spouse and parent-child pairs who joined together.

Your total weekly mileage is not as important as your consistency in posting.  If you do a combination of running and walking, that is ok too.  We have people who run 3-4 miles per week and others who run 80.  All are welcome.

If you were on a team in the past, posting is in the same place as it was before and you can use the same user name, but PLEASE let me know who you are and what team you were on in the past so I can assign you properly.

Hope to see you there!

SusanRachel