Beginners and Beyond

TuesTrackDailies (Read 33 times)

Cyberic

6 x (800/400)

LRB

More importantly, what's in the slow cooker?  I need ideas.

It's not all that sightly to look at but it was really, really flavorful. Petite purple, red, gold and fingerling potatoes, whole baby carrots, quartered onions, baby portabella mushrooms and "chicken" strips by Gardein. 1 packet of McCormick pot roast seasoning and 16 ounces of vegetable stock finished it off superbly.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's not all that sightly to look at but it was really, really flavorful. Petite purple, red, gold and fingerling potatoes, whole baby carrots, quartered onions, baby portabella mushrooms and "chicken" strips by Gardein. 1 packet of McCormick pot roast seasoning and 16 ounces of vegetable stock finished it off superbly.

The Chik’In was good for those long hours?  Nice.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Hello, good folks of RA.

As always, some great miles happening.

LRB, loved your food pic! Looks delish--I'll have to try it.

Jay, feel better. and I echo what others have said that actually anything you do this week will physiologically NOT help you for this weekend's race. It takes 10 days for you to assimilate the work done in a workout for you to receive gains, if that makes any sense. So rest up.

Onemile & Cyber, nice workout!

Hey to you other crazies.

I am also wondering about DaveP. Hoping his body is healing.

I ran 6.5 miles, 0.5 dynamic warmup miles (so 7 total), and in the total miles I ran 4x1000s. So I have a question about intervals--on a scale of 1-10 how hard should it be? Like, doable but hard as shit? Or, like you can barely finish the last interval b/c it is so hard? I'm trying to gauge my effort level based off his prescribed paces (b/c sometimes I feel like Coach reaches maybe a bit far, but I will honestly own that I'm probably a pansy about dealing with that type of discomfort). I had wine in celebration of my workout, and now I'm about to walk the dog. Good times.

Onemile, how's Gracie? Is she fully healed?

Runshortii

LRB that looks tasty!

Cyberic and onemile nice workouts.

I ran a total of 9 miles w/ 4x1200 m repeats with a 400m recovery and then a 3 mile cooldown. Goal was sub 5 for the 1200s. Splits were 4:51, 5:03, 5:06, and 5:04. Apparently I went out too fast. It was also 83 degrees by the time I got out there so I'll blame it on the heat. I just want to run without sweat stinging my eyes 

onemile

Onemile, how's Gracie? Is she fully healed?

She is doing great. Just the other week we went to South Dakota and Wyoming and hiked a total of 38+ miles of trails and she was leading the way with a huge smile on her face 

Bruno left and Gracie right

onemile

I ran 6.5 miles, 0.5 dynamic warmup miles (so 7 total), and in the total miles I ran 4x1000s. So I have a question about intervals--on a scale of 1-10 how hard should it be? Like, doable but hard as shit? Or, like you can barely finish the last interval b/c it is so hard? 

I believe you are supposed to finish feeling like you have 1 more in you. But I usually run them as hard as I can, while still being able to hold around the same pace for all the reps (if you start out hard and crash and burn you are going too hard)

onemile

I ran a total of 9 miles w/ 4x1200 m repeats with a 400m recovery and then a 3 mile cooldown. Goal was sub 5 for the 1200s. Splits were 4:51, 5:03, 5:06, and 5:04. Apparently I went out too fast. It was also 83 degrees by the time I got out there so I'll blame it on the heat. I just want to run without sweat stinging my eyes 

83 is a valid excuse

Cyberic

I believe you are supposed to finish feeling like you have 1 more in you. But I usually run them as hard as I can, while still being able to hold around the same pace for all the reps (if you start out hard and crash and burn you are going too hard)

This. It is my understanding of how they're done also.

Cyberic

400m recoveries for 1200s means you can't go too hard on the 1200s. So yeah, it looks like you might have pushed too hard on that first one.

Cyberic

Onemile, that second pic of you with your two dogs is awesome!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Love how well she is doing, Onemile. Smile

Ran 7 with 2 @ MP done on the TM.  breathing a bit better.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Okay--this makes sense. Thank you!

Also, loving the pics of Bruno & Gracie (and you!). That is so great she is healed.