Beginners and Beyond

FiestaFriDailies (Read 19 times)

delicate flower

Hola el diablos.  I slept in and skipped my swim, then ran 5 miles at noon.  55 degrees!  I saw two women running, separately, dressed like it was zero degrees, with full jackets, thick pants, and full head socks.  WTF.  I was in a t-shirt and comfortable, and I am always cold.

Re: air travel, DW rebooked us onto JetBlue going down to Florida next Tuesday night.  We had Southwest but right now I have low confidence that they'll have their shit together by then regardless of what they are telling the media.  Spending the money on more airfare was worth it for me to alleviate the anxiety.  So, we'll get credits from Southwest which we'll use when we head down to Space Coast in November.

Morning! 5 later with some intervals by time that I've never done before.

So, let me tell you a story. Our neighborhood is one giant loop with us at the end of it. Nothing comes by our house unless it lives there or is delivering something.

It's 11:30pm and I get out of the shower and hubby says, there was a dude trying to open our front door. I was like WUT? Drunk dude trying to enter the wrong house. I see it on the Ring camera. Then I go and peek at the door to see if I see the dude and there he comes again, WTF. By the time I look outside again he is gone. He can barely walk. We go to bed and 10 minutes later he tried the door again, per Ring.

Hoping he found where he was going. Thought of posting it in the neighborhood group but I also don't want to embarrass anyone.

jhfc

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I ran 5 miles in 60º - shorts and t-shirt- and like Baboon I spotted someone running in tights, long sleeves, and gloves.  It's more important to look at the thermometer than the calendar.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yesterday it was 57F here (and raining). normally we wear tanks and shorts with it, but since the wind was in the 30mph range, we wore LS, a SS over the LS and shorts/capris. It felt cold.

Singed, the one that normally wears shorts in 30s.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

DR - the rain makes a lot of difference.  Here it was sunny out.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

DR - the rain makes a lot of difference.  Here it was sunny out.

Even in the rain I would wear a tank or maybe SS and shorts. But the wind was brutal. And the lack of sun, of course. I think the coldest runs I've done are between 40-60F where I had to wear full Winter gear. Those are the dark, windy, and foggy days. The cold fog (a la San Francisco) seeps into your bones!

For my friends in FL that said the humidity there makes the cold weather feel colder, I never wore this much for 30-60F down there when it's always more humid than here.

Damaris

6 miles in a drizzle.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with some parking lot loops. 2x 4, 2x3, 2x2 and 2x1 (so roughly 800, 600, 400 and 200). Went pretty good. Wore shorts, which is perfectly normal when a week ago I needed all the clothes to keep from freezing. Saw some folks who got new wheelie toys for Christmas. 2 weere playing with wheeled skies (adults) and the other was a little kid on a board thing. Kid fell on her ass within 30 seconds and was crying.

Docket, wind makes such a difference and probably the direction it is coming from. I did a 5k years ago in 50-ish degrees and a gale warning. I nearly froze even in all sorts of warm clothes and a hat.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My reverse ladder workout was hard! And lately my hip has been bugging me (and my butt) so I'm glad I have the massage therapist on Tuesday. It went well even though I thought what I had chosen was a bit too conservative but by Minute 2 of the first interval I was dying, lol!

It was:

2 mile w/u
                  Run intervals as hard as you can - theoretically each one should be about the same pace.
                  3 minutes hard, 2 minute recovery
                  2 minutes hard, 1:20 recovery
                  1 minute hard, 40 second recovery
                  30 seconds hard, 30 seconds recovery
                  c/d to hit 5 miles total

Damaris