Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies: Make me smile on the 19th. (Read 36 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

When I can sleep in, I can't sleep in. Up with an allergy attack, like every day this week. Really pissing me off.

Running always clears up the sinuses though, so there's that.

9 with 5x1000m in a drizzle. Reasonably happy with the results; hopefully ready for my Turkey Trot next week.

AND...drum roll please....2500 miles for the year. Boom!

If you were doing your job, you would get a gold star for that shit.

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

I ran with my 630 today. It seems as if it will pretty much be a seamless transition from the 620.

The vibrating and audio alerts are not as strong or loud as its predecessor, and the screen is not as bright. The usable screen area is much bigger though, and none of the aforementioned changes are deal breakers.

There are built-in widgets that I haven't explored, and an app site devoted to it that I am looking forward to playing with.

My watch also came with the new generation HRM. I tried it on with the intention of running with it, but it didn't last 10 seconds! I ran with a HRM for about three months way back in 2013 with my 410, and after ditching it, I guess I just don't like wearing anything like that amymore. It's stupid because that is money wasted. 

Maybe I'll try it again in the spring, when speed season begins...

onemile

Nice job! You are still a good 70 miles ahead of me

LRB

Nice job! You are still a good 700 miles ahead of me lmao

No more marathons

If I could all of last year with this year I'm about there.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

5 miles for me. Feels like 23* today. I wore tights, long sleeve, short sleeve and my North Face Isotherm jacket. lol

onemile

My watch also came with the new generation HRM. I tried it on with the intention of running with it, but it didn't last 10 seconds! I ran with a HRM for about three months way back in 2013 with my 410, and after ditching it, I guess I just don't like wearing anything like that amymore. It's stupid because that is money wasted. 

Hey I feel better now.  We paid the same price for the same functionality 

LRB

Hey I feel better now.  We paid the same price for the same functionality 

Add to it that I didn't even need the stupid thing (my 620 is functioning flawlessly within desired parameters) and it's a double oof for me.

LRB

5 miles for me. Feels like 23* today. I wore tights, long sleeve, short sleeve and my North Face Isotherm jacket. lol

I have that jacket. 👍

With a run that short, better safe than an ice block. lol

onemile

I have that jacket. 👍

With a run that short, better safe than an ice block. lol

I got it last winter and it's my new favorite

onemile

Add to it that I didn't even need the stupid thing (my 620 is functioning flawlessly within desired parameters) and it's a double oof for me.

I'm hoping the new charging clip works better. It seems sturdier

LRB

I'm hoping the new charging clip works better. It seems sturdier

If I had a beef with the 620 (I don't), it would be that I could never seem to put the watch in the cradle the right way the first time.

The the clip for the 630 is like that of the 410, which was awesome.

onemile

If I had a beef with the 620 (I don't), it would be that I could never seem to put the watch in the cradle the right way the first time.

The the clip for the 630 is like that of the 410, which was awesome.

Yep. I always had to move it around to get it to start charging and then if I bumped it slightly it would stop

Cyberic

LRB, that HRM-RUN2 strap is worth a few bucks on the market. Remember how bluerun was freaking out when hers died?

The two guys I was running with today had a 630 and a 230. They look nice, I am tempted.

I have inherited both my father's compulsive buyer's gene, and my mother's cheapskates (is that how you say it?)  gene, so my mind is in constant turmoil, lol.

Cyberic

2496 for me. But I ran my long run today, so you'll distance me soon enough.