Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy Tuesday Penguins (Read 29 times)

tracilynn

oh and nice looking cake!  Great job!  Did you really use drywall tools?  Awesome. Makes me hungry.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Philliefan33

Margo, yes you should use sunscreen if they are exposed, and yes it will fade them with prolonged exposure. With a regular short sleeve shirt, all mine are covered. I would need a long term contract of large quantities of sunscreen if I were to use it, lol. It's just easier to keep my shirt on.

I never thought of the possibility of the ink fading until you mentioned not wanting to go shirtless in the sun. Which is a little disconcerting, since I spend a lot of my time researching ways to keep house paint from fading...one would think I would make the natural progression to fading body art.

Mmmmm...beer

I never thought of the possibility of the ink fading until you mentioned not wanting to go shirtless in the sun. Which is a little disconcerting, since I spend a lot of my time researching ways to keep house paint from fading...one would think I would make the natural progression to fading body art.

More so with color, all of my ink is black/grey and it's held up very well over 10+ years of sun.  Had a buddy go to the beach right after getting some ink, got burned and most of the color peeled right off when the sunburn peeled.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I used a combination, but steered clear of using used tools.  I bought new for the cake.  I didn't want to gross anyone out.

oh and nice looking cake!  Great job!  Did you really use drywall tools?  Awesome. Makes me hungry.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Zelanie

So much happening today!  Forgive me if I leave anybody out!

Got in 4 great miles at the track today.  I run the track partly for the soft surfaces, which I am still trying to stick to for the majority of my runs, but also because I had to pick my daughter up at the high school anyway.  Since I'm already there running, sometimes I can squeeze in a bit of a longer run than if I were trying to finish running and then go pick her up.  My knee did not hurt at all, and the heat didn't slow me down at all even though the Garmin said it was 86 outside.  That's definitely the warmest temp I've run in since last summer.  I would have kept going, but DD was already waiting, so I'm thinking I'll aim for 5 on Thursday.

Dan- So glad you've been able to figure out what works to be able to keep doing those short, speedy races that you love!  That sounds like a fantastic vacation as well!  IIRC, side stitches are usually the result of lacking the aerobic fitness for the current run.  Maybe it's the penguin in me, but maybe see if she can slow down and run longer distances?  During a race, she can always try to exhale when the other foot is in front.  That's worked for me in the past.

Baconista- At our track it's usually just a matter of keeping an eye out for who's there and not getting in anybody's way.  Definitely checking blind spots before moving over, for example!  I tend to run on the outside lanes because that way I don't have to do as many laps. Wink  That leaves the inside open for people doing actual speedwork.  But sometimes there are walkers or run/walkers in the outside lanes, and I either weave or take a more inside lane.  Today there was a sprinter using the chute into an outside lane.  So I moved inside for her, even though she was running faster than I was.  I don't know if other tracks have more uptight people, but ours seems to work reasonably well without people having to get grumpy.

Jack- That sounds like a fun vacation!  Sorry that you won't be headed up to the Pacific NW this year, though!  I think we might get down to Balboa Island this August.  Plus of course Magic Mountain. Smile

Jimmy- I haven't heard of any leg injury like that.  Hopefully that means it's nothing major, right? Smile

Jerry- I'm so happy for you that you two have come out of this race so well!

Coralie- Hooray for a family visit!  Glad they could make it over to see you.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

DW opens her new singlet from RW, and is disappointed that it is see through.  My reaction "SO what's the problem"?

Bin Running

Wow! Chatty bunch... 60+ replies.. haven't seen that in a while.. Just finished 3M run in the AM and running out of time.. Need to get ready for work.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar