Beginners and Beyond

Twice Baked SaturDAILIES (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

lol

I am confused as well, lol.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We saw Kingsman 2.  If you liked the first one, this one does not disappoint, IMO.

Damaris

Runshortii

I ran 4. Considering it's still 84 degrees outside I felt pretty decent.

LRB

Are you sure it was a sugar episode and not the heat?

Pretty sure. My last 3 miles were at Boon's easy pace. 🐦

LRB

We saw Kingsman 2.  If you liked the first one, this one does not disappoint, IMO.

Despite rave reviews, I didn't quite "get it" the first time around, so I'm not sure I should even bother with the sequel.

DavePNW

So far only 118 people have registered for my marathon. Shaping up to be the smallest one I've done. Gonna be some long desolate stretches in the later miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Despite rave reviews, I didn't quite "get it" the first time around, so I'm not sure I should even bother with the sequel.

I love the first and I love that they brought everybody back for the second one.  It's pretty funny.  But like I said, if you didn't like the first, doubt you would like this one because it's the same.

Ran 3.30 for an even 5.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So far only 118 people have registered for my marathon. Shaping up to be the smallest one I've done. Gonna be some long desolate stretches in the later miles.

Maybe you can win it?

Damaris

onemile

That sounds awful.

DavePNW

Maybe you can win it?

Ha! Potential AG placing anyway, I suppose. This is a race they've done as a half for a number of years, and just added the full this year. There's actually a 5 hr time limit, so that may be scaring away some people. But probably tough to get a lot of people the first time, although the half has been pretty popular.

I checked and my smallest so far was 171. Yet no AG placing.

Dave

DavePNW

That sounds awful.

Already looking out at my spring race. 

(Assuming not Boston.)

Dave

onemile

I ran 8.

I had a severe sugar crash/lightheaded episode at mile 1.8. I had no gels or fluids so rather than trying to reach the water fountain at mile 3.6 enroute to my planned turnaround point at mile 4, I turned around and headed back to the start. By then I felt much better so I ran out and back twice more between the water fountains at the start and mile 1.

It was 82 when I started and 91 when I completed the stupid thing.

I've had something similar happen, on 2 or 3 different occasions.  Around 1.5 to 2 miles in and I wasn't sure if I could make it home but then within a couple miles all was normal

onemile

Already looking out at my spring race. 

(Assuming not Boston.)

Maybe you should look at an alternative fall race if that's the case

DavePNW

Maybe you should look at an alternative fall race if that's the case

Well I'm sort of joking. Really, that's going to make things tough, but if health & weather are OK, I sure hope I can overcome a little bit of loneliness. Things are never perfect.

Dave

DavePNW

I ran 8.

I had a severe sugar crash/lightheaded episode at mile 1.8. I had no gels or fluids so rather than trying to reach the water fountain at mile 3.6 enroute to my planned turnaround point at mile 4, I turned around and headed back to the start. By then I felt much better so I ran out and back twice more between the water fountains at the start and mile 1.

It was 82 when I started and 91 when I completed the stupid thing.

I don't remember ever having this. But I checked my log, and since RA has been automatically recording temperature at the start of the run, I have only had it 80F or higher (Damaris will get a good laugh out of this) exactly 3 times.

Dave