Beginners and Beyond

Monday Dailies (Read 34 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Garmin is sending me a replacement for my Mk1 because they want mine for testing.  FINALLY, I won't have a screen protector that is just slightly off-center enough to drive me crazy!  Assuming I can get it right this time...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

My 10K Thursday has a starting temp of 29 and real feel of 20. I’ll take it. Should probably figure out what I’m wearing. I HATE being too warm when racing and usually err on the side of freezing my ass off a little before the start

I'd go with shorts and a long sleeved shirt.

LRB

I'd go with shorts, a singlet and arm sleeves but would dress like an eskimo for the warm up

I would burn the hell up otherwise.

LRB

Garmin is sending me a replacement for my Mk1 because they want mine for testing.  FINALLY, I won't have a screen protector that is just slightly off-center enough to drive me crazy!  Assuming I can get it right this time...

I did that with my 630 and eventually took it off and ordered another one. Threw 6 bucks down the drain in the process.  

RunningOnSand

My 10K Thursday has a starting temp of 29 and real feel of 20. I’ll take it. Should probably figure out what I’m wearing. I HATE being too warm when racing and usually err on the side of freezing my ass off a little before the start

I'm the opposite, I think I'd rather be warmer than be freezing.

So interesting hearing that you guys would wear shorts. For me that would be tights weather for sure, probs plus a long sleeved shirt + gloves. And maybe even a vest. Jeez. I'm a wimp. 

I have taken a few USRD. My hubby wins husband of the year award...he flew in my best friend for my birthday and planned a huge surprise party, including tons of old friends I haven't seen in decades. Anyway, we had house guests so I did sneak away for a short run on Sat, but skipped yesterday's.

bluerun

Super B****

I did that with my 630 and eventually took it off and ordered another one. Threw 6 bucks down the drain in the process.  

Amazon tells me I ordered a six-pack.  Now I just have to find the other five...

Also, my Turkey Trot will be freezing and I'm already miserable.  WOOT.

chasing the impossible

LRB

So interesting hearing that you guys would wear shorts. For me that would be tights weather for sure, probs plus a long sleeved shirt + gloves. And maybe even a vest. Jeez. I'm a wimp. 

I have taken a few USRD. My hubby wins husband of the year award...he flew in my best friend for my birthday and planned a huge surprise party, including tons of old friends I haven't seen in decades. Anyway, we had house guests so I did sneak away for a short run on Sat, but skipped yesterday's.

I think you'll see a ton of that at any race, and there's sometimes the shirtless warrior to balance it out.

Happy Belated. Did you drink all the drinks and eat all the eats?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sweet!  hope you enjoyed it!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Same here.  And I will wear tights.  And two shirts.  And mittens.

Happy birthday!

chasing the impossible

RunningOnSand

I think you'll see a ton of that at any race, and there's sometimes the shirtless warrior to balance it out.

Happy Belated. Did you drink all the drinks and eat all the eats?

Thank you! Oh yes!!! Continuing on to today. I ate a row of cake for lunch. 🎉

RunningOnSand

I totally did—it was a blast!!

Sweet!  hope you enjoyed it!

RunningOnSand

Same here.  And I will wear tights.  And two shirts.  And mittens.

Happy birthday!

Solidarity.

Thank you!

onemile

Thank you! Oh yes!!! Continuing on to today. I ate a row of cake for lunch. 🎉

KCRuns

Happy Birthday!  Sounds like your hubby did a great job!

Runshortii

I'd go with shorts and a long sleeved shirt.

Normally I would think shorts might be too much, but when I raced a HM last January I took your clothing advice and it was perfect, so I’m going to go with it  I think last year for this race I wore two layers and tights and got too hot and spent a good portion of the race angry about it