Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

I was top third on the swim.  It felt like yesterday that I was one of the last out of the water.  Progress!  My race time was 56:03.  My previous best was 1:03. 

Very good progress. Well done.

Eric- Dont know how a watch can measure deep vs light sleep. I saw this on my new Garmin just not sure I believe it.

Berto- Yeah the shin is still a bit sore post run but not too bad. A coupe more days of easy running should help. Trying to eat a ton of blueberries to keep any inflammation down. I'm not sweating it.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

Eric- Dont know how a watch can measure deep vs light sleep. I saw this on my new Garmin just not sure I believe it.

I was just mentioning it to compare to SIAR's post saying his watch measures only one hour of deep sleep during a night. If Garmin's algorithm is consistant, however it measures it, I seem to be doing better than him at sleeping tight.

I figure the watch must use its internal accelerometer to check if you're moving, and also how steady your HR is. But that is only speculation of my part. I don't know how they do it, and I don't know how relieable it is.

bluerun

Super B****

Not sure Garmin's algorithms know what they're doing, themselves...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

'Morning.  I had a good race last night (off-road sprint tri).  It's a weekly series and I've done maybe a dozen of them.  Yesterday was my fastest one by a lot, in all three disciplines.  I am most happy about my swim.  1:36/100 yd pace for 440 yards.  I've never swam that fast before, and it's the first time my swim rank was higher than my bike rank, and I am a decent biker.  Just to put it in a way runnerfolk might understand, that's probably equal to like a 7:30 run pace.  I was top third on the swim.  It felt like yesterday that I was one of the last out of the water.  Progress!  My race time was 56:03.  My previous best was 1:03.  Finished 21/90 overall.  A lot of fast folks use these races for training.

Speaking of swim, I was up early today to swim 2500 yards before work.  Run later.

Nice improvement! It's a lot more fun when you PR by a big chunk as opposed the the few seconds that we typically get!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

'Morning.  I had a good race last night (off-road sprint tri).  It's a weekly series and I've done maybe a dozen of them.  Yesterday was my fastest one by a lot, in all three disciplines.  I am most happy about my swim.  1:36/100 yd pace for 440 yards.  I've never swam that fast before, and it's the first time my swim rank was higher than my bike rank, and I am a decent biker.  Just to put it in a way runnerfolk might understand, that's probably equal to like a 7:30 run pace.  I was top third on the swim.  It felt like yesterday that I was one of the last out of the water.  Progress!  My race time was 56:03.  My previous best was 1:03.  Finished 21/90 overall.  A lot of fast folks use these races for training.

Speaking of swim, I was up early today to swim 2500 yards before work.  Run later.

Missed this!  Nice job!

Damaris

onemile

Not sure Garmin's algorithms know what they're doing, themselves...

It seems to not factor in weather conditions. If it's a hot day, your training is suddenly unproductive.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

SIAR - Take pics!

Whiskers - My vote is for Hansons.

Jay - I didn't know that blueberries were good for inflammation.  Learned something new today!

blue - Your garmin pic reminded me of certain years of my love life, and it would have made perfect sense.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7 miles with 4 X 4 mins at 4% and 10K pace done.  They weren't as bad compared to the first time I did these two weeks ago (at 2 mins).

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

7.75 with 6 x 5 minutes tempo effort.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Very nice work on that race.  You're on a roll.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Whiskers - My vote is for Hansons.

+1, which should be no surprise that that's the plan I'm using.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19