Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #132 (Read 30 times)

LRB

Half Crazy K 2.0

Results from the RRCA return to running survery are up. Shocker, no one wants to race if a mask is required.

bluerun

Super B****

Is there a way extrapolate what the approximate pace is based on the percentage of the belt you're using? ( and please don't chew me a new ass, I'm just trying to get through my day)

I wish there was... if such a way exists, I'm too stupid to figure it out

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

I was wondering this too. Do you normally go by HR or just effort?

bluerun

Super B****

I was wondering this too. Do you normally go by HR or just effort?

It isn't even effort... depending on percentage (and for the most part, I'm at 50%, which is worthless from a training perspective and all about the mental benefits), I can reel off double digit miles at terra firma 5K pace with my HR barely into the triple digits. I really do wish there were some sort of formula to figure that out, but even if it existed, it would probably be for, like, 80% or 90%, which is what most people who don't have tissue paper bones would do.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

What is your option?  I'm willing to try anything to see if it works.  I could always revert back to the current settings if need be.

I do not have a straightforward option to offer. It is the kind of problem or situation I spend hours and sometimes days at (depending on how much i want it). I sometimes succeed and sometimes fail. There are things that can't be done, no matter how much you are certain they are possible.

Again, I do not configure PCs for a living, I use them just like you. I simply use them to do something different than what you use them for. I program software that is used by school boards. Right now we are working on a mobile app for the parents.

I would Google Remote Desktop Connection Multiple Monitors and start from there. But you've probably done that already...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You kill you. Almost literally!

I am most definitely my own worst enemy.

But hey, my shins/ankles aren't hurting like they were Friday thru Sunday 😁

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

KCRuns

I do not have a straightforward option to offer. It is the kind of problem or situation I spend hours and sometimes days at (depending on how much i want it). I sometimes succeed and sometimes fail. There are things that can't be done, no matter how much you are certain they are possible.

Again, I do not configure PCs for a living, I use them just like you. I simply use them to do something different than what you use them for. I program software that is used by school boards. Right now we are working on a mobile app for the parents.

I would Google Remote Desktop Connection Multiple Monitors and start from there. But you've probably done that already...

yeah, I've done lots of that.  But thank you for answering me anyway!  I'll keep at it.  Sometimes I stumble on the right solution by accident!

Looks like I'm being forced to go for a hike with my little man.... after lunch...

Sing along

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vw7S3TtARzs

RunningOnSand

Howdy!

I ran 5 x (4min run / 1 min walk) successfully. Sunny skies, 50'ish temps, full hearts. awww yeah.

Tonight I'm making this amazing garlic pull apart bread , alongside Brussel sprouts and steaks. Basically, my life revolves around food and rehab. But mostly food. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sing along

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vw7S3TtARzs

😆 well we are already done and home now, we hiked 3.1 miles nice and easy. I'm just happy my shins and calves are feeling good. I'm excited to go rollerblading Tomorrow.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I don't think your IQ has anything to do with it. It's complicated. I remember when I ran on the AG, I wondered about it briefly and then didn't even bother because it made my head hurt (which isn't hard to do but still). It sucks that people are all in your lane over what you're running and whatnot.

bluerun

Super B****

I don't think your IQ has anything to do with it. It's complicated. I remember when I ran on the AG, I wondered about it briefly and then didn't even bother because it made my head hurt (which isn't hard to do but still). It sucks that people are all in your lane over what you're running and whatnot.

It’s like I’m one of those people who sprints, stops my watch, does that a dozen times and then brags about how fast I ran. 🙄 (No joke: someone blocked me on Strava because I said that annoys me. But sure, you keep running your long runs at “7:15” with a marathon PR of 3:19. Whatever floats your boat.)

chasing the impossible

7.6 miles. Today was the first day veterinary offices were open for non emergencies and we had our Old English Sheepdog fixed. He’s kind of a wuss so I hope his recovery is smooth.

LRB

It’s like I’m one of those people who sprints, stops my watch, does that a dozen times and then brags about how fast I ran. 🙄 (No joke: someone blocked me on Strava because I said that annoys me. But sure, you keep running your long runs at “7:15” with a marathon PR of 3:19. Whatever floats your boat.)

I've never even heard of that. I mean, sure, one could do that. But then, they didn't do that.

Thinking about it, out of the thousands of intervals I've run, the only time I would do that is if my shoestring came untied and I had a long way to go (which never happens) or if I got stopped at a light or cut off by a car, at which point I'd be infuriated!