Beginners and Beyond

Sunday (Read 49 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dave, maybe look at CIM? Or Newport, OR marathon?

A couple of weeks of rest and a couple of weeks of Pftiz multiple marathon program and he could make either one of these.

Damaris

LRB

CIM for me without question.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But isn't CIM full already?  I think that would be a good option, otherwise.

Damaris

A few other points of note.

- Race start/finish was at a high school. They had the gym locker rooms open to use the bathrooms before the race, and the showers afterwards. Which seemed like a good idea. But I walked in to take care of the usual pre-race business, and there were just two toilets out in the open - no stalls or anything. Um, I'll just find a portapotty, thanks.

- Deja vu - the 3:40 pacer passed me up during mile 24, roughly the same point that happened in Detroit last fall. And again, not a damn thing I could do about it.

- As rough as it was for me in the late miles, looked worse for another guy. He would be running and then pull up screaming with some excruciating leg cramp. Then walk for a while, then start running again, then pull up screaming with the cramp again. I saw this a few times, because when he was running he would catch up to me. I told him to just walk it in. Painful to watch.

Dave

LRB

But isn't CIM full already?  I think that would be a good option, otherwise.

I have no idea and was speaking for myself quite frankly. Tongue

Hey, I just said I'm not doing these anymore!

But anyway. There is a nearby HM in 4 weeks I'm looking at. Then I could possibly do the Seattle Marathon 11/29.

Dave

happylily

A few other points of note.

- Race start/finish was at a high school. They had the gym locker rooms open to use the bathrooms before the race, and the showers afterwards. Which seemed like a good idea. But I walked in to take care of the usual pre-race business, and there were just two toilets out in the open - no stalls or anything. Um, I'll just find a portapotty, thanks.

- Deja vu - the 3:40 pacer passed me up during mile 24, roughly the same point that happened in Detroit last fall. And again, not a damn thing I could do about it.

- As rough as it was for me in the late miles, looked worse for another guy. He would be running and then pull up screaming with some excruciating leg cramp. Then walk for a while, then start running again, then pull up screaming with the cramp again. I saw this a few times, because when he was running he would catch up to me. I told him to just walk it in. Painful to watch.

WTF?

I agree with the others that you should be looking for another race in a few weeks. Sometimes, it's amazing what the desire for redemption can do for you.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Also, how is it possible that it was pouring rain for my race and sunny for Dave's? Washington weather is crazy!

It was raining when I got near home. And is now cooling off quite a bit too. In the mean time, I have a sunburn.

And I can't imagine doing another one so soon as a few weeks. I don't think I can recover that fast. I feel pretty damn beat up right now.

Dave

Zelanie

At mile 3 I clearly needed a break.

We also got a shirt, a sweatband, a magnet, and some tattoos.  I bought a Blerch running hat and some socks (to wear, because I put mine on this morning and there was a hole in the toe).

workinprogress11

Total suckfest. Felt like a beginner again, I have not positive splitted this badly since my first one. Those last few miles I really, really just wanted to stop.

Damn, I'm sorry. I hope you feel comfortable finding another race and then kill it.