Beginners and Beyond

Marathon SunDAILIES is finally here (Read 46 times)

Cyberic

I was mostly commenting on his no loss of fitness between 40-44 and the 59 year olds in his beer-assisted creation of a 14 year "45-59" AG.

LOL, you always catch me with those  . Again, you had to explain for me to notice.

Hip Redux

LOL, you always catch me with those  . Again, you had to explain for me to notice.

The good news is I can't poke fun of your running cuz you do that pretty good.   

happylily

Will write full report asap. Had some spells when I had  to take extended breaks, so I missed my mileage goal, but I stayed in the race all the way to the end. Unofficially about 58 miles, about a 5.5 mile PB.

I would not have the mental strength for something like that. Let alone the physical strength... I would definitely need a 6 or 7 hour nap somewhere in the middle of the day, preferably in a warm hotel bed, with wine and chocolate brought to me, and while someone gives me a foot massage. Is there such an endurance race somewhere? Maybe I could do a race like that. Just maybe... Oh and no rain... I don't like rain.

Well done, George! Truly impressive PR!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

workinprogress11

LOL. That's what my birth certificate says!

Sorry this is so late but Happy Birthday!  I hope you're feeling better than at mile 9!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My adductors are broken, and actually I'm relieved that the left one hurts worse.

Mine are too. Funny, my pace shouldn't have broken them.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We just landed and I am starving. So I guess I feel better except my body feels like it ran a marathon. Sigh.

my peak week is next week. Should be fun.

Damaris

DavePNW

We just landed and I am starving. So I guess I feel better except my body feels like it ran a marathon. Sigh.

FTS.

Dave

LRB

I have a lot of high mileage in my future (high for me) as well. Strangely though, I'm more happy to get today's race out of my hair than anything else.

LRB

FTS.

lol

Elliptical? I did it after my first marathon actually. It's a good way to mimic the movement without the pounding. Get the blood flow going and all of that.

DavePNW

lol

Elliptical? I did it after my first marathon actually. It's a good way to mimic the movement without the pounding. Get the blood flow going and all of that.

Maybe. I will probably try hitting the treadmill in the next day or two, to test it out again without worrying about getting stranded. If that is no good, I was going to go stationary bike, but elliptical is just as good I guess. Bleah.

Dave

LRB

Maybe. I will probably try hitting the treadmill in the next day or two, to test it out again without worrying about getting stranded. If that is no good, I was going to go stationary bike, but elliptical is just as good I guess. Bleah.

You should be fine. Your 1 mile run though painful may have actually helped recovery.

DavePNW

You should be fine. Your 1 mile run though painful may have actually helped recovery.

The mental recovery may take longer. 

Dave

LRB

The mental recovery may take longer. 

You are preaching to the choir brother. Everyone here can relate!