Beginners and Beyond

Halloween TUESDailies (Read 42 times)

oldfartrunner

Guys!!  Something I've spent YEARS wishing for actually became a real thing... and I am so, so, SO glad I didn't buy a new Garmin yet.

Because now I can get this.

So, that like a divers watch?

bluerun

Super B****

So, that like a divers watch?

YES!!  I've been dreaming of Garmin making a dive computer for years, and I finally caved and bought a Suunto last year.  But with my 620 crapping out on me, and this essentially being a Fenix 5X PLUS a dive computer... TAKE MY  MONEY.  (But keep your titanium band, I don't need to pay $500 more for that.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Guys!!  Something I've spent YEARS wishing for actually became a real thing... and I am so, so, SO glad I didn't buy a new Garmin yet.

Because now I can get this.

I almost got warm and fuzzy thinking it was a 630 with the HRM on the wrist, but I didn't get out of the first sentence before going cold and flat.

"Premium full-featured dive computer ..."

You did say that you've spent years wishing for it, so it was my fault. 

bluerun

Super B****

I almost got warm and fuzzy thinking it was a 630 with the HRM on the wrist, but I didn't get out of the first sentence before going cold and flat.

"Premium full-featured dive computer ..."

You did say that you've spent years wishing for it, so it was my fault. 

DC Rainmaker is going to update on the running watches tomorrow.  But I think I'm set on this one.  I can't even begin to explain how thrilled I am about this... I'm practically vibrating with excitement.

Like... I'll be able to know my HR when I dive!  Not that I've ever really wanted to know that.  But still cool to know.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

Ran to work today with my new backpack Smile  Loved the convenience of being able to carry what I forgot to leave at work, but running with a backpack is going to take some adjustment.  I was slower than usual with the backpack, and I did take a few walk breaks to keep the hip happy, trying to ease back into it.  Got 4.6 miles.  There's a chance DH will pick me up at work to run some errands, but if he doesn't, then I will run home for another 3.

Yeah! Running with a pack definitely takes some getting used to. I got chafing issues on the shoulders before I got the "settings" right. New small aches and pains in the lower back and legs that I didn't want to get worse too. I wouldn't wear the pack every day at first. Now, although slower with the pack, it doesn't bother me much.

Cyberic

YES!!  I've been dreaming of Garmin making a dive computer for years, and I finally caved and bought a Suunto last year.  But with my 620 crapping out on me, and this essentially being a Fenix 5X PLUS a dive computer... TAKE MY  MONEY.  (But keep your titanium band, I don't need to pay $500 more for that.)

Looks very very nice too!

DavePNW

DC Rainmaker is going to update on the running watches tomorrow.  But I think I'm set on this one.  I can't even begin to explain how thrilled I am about this... I'm practically vibrating with excitement.

Like... I'll be able to know my HR when I dive!  Not that I've ever really wanted to know that.  But still cool to know.

My only concern would be if Garmin has never made a divers watch, and there have been no other watches made with similar features, that there is a significant potential of bugginess. But maybe the latter is not the case. I don't mean to harsh your mellow.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

My only concern would be if Garmin has never made a divers watch, and there have been no other watches made with similar features, that there is a significant potential of bugginess. But maybe the latter is not the case. I don't mean to harsh your mellow.

DC Rainmaker actually addressed that too -- I'm not ESPECIALLY worried about it.  But since I'm leaving for a dive trip tomorrow, and it will be at least a couple of months before I go on another one, I have time to see how it performs for other people before getting my own.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Yeah! Running with a pack definitely takes some getting used to. I got chafing issues on the shoulders before I got the "settings" right. New small aches and pains in the lower back and legs that I didn't want to get worse too. I wouldn't wear the pack every day at first. Now, although slower with the pack, it doesn't bother me much.

My other concern with run commuting would be the fact that I usually bring my lunch to work. Which would be one more thing to fit in the pack. And would probably be difficult with something like soup. Anyway. no plans to run-commute my 20 miles (each way). And our company's intended move to a facility ~6 miles away from me has been put on hold indefinitely. Which is a bummer. I was probably not going to run-commute that anyway (no shower), but maybe bike. And if nothing else, a way easier drive.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

DC Rainmaker actually addressed that too -- I'm not ESPECIALLY worried about it.  But since I'm leaving for a dive trip tomorrow, and it will be at least a couple of months before I go on another one, I have time to see how it performs for other people before getting my own.

I was an early adopter of the 620 and experienced a ton of well-documented-on-RA frustration with it, so I will not buy a new Garmin product now within a year of it's release.  That being said, I could certainly see the temptation.  I saw the price and assumed that included the titanium wrist band.  NOPE!  Big grin

<3

onemile

That's what I am waiting for

bluerun

Super B****

I was an early adopter of the 620 and experienced a ton of well-documented-on-RA frustration with it, so I will not buy a new Garmin product now within a year of it's release.  That being said, I could certainly see the temptation.  I saw the price and assumed that included the titanium wrist band.  NOPE!  Big grin

I was an early adopter of the 620 too, but my problems with it only began later!

chasing the impossible

LRB

It's not a deal breaker for me, but having a ton of useless metrics to fret over ogle would be nice. 👍

Bert-o

I lost my rama

If you tighten your butt muscles and push your junk forward, you get the idea of what it feels like to have a neutral pelvis-like doing a bridge. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

DavePNW

So: weather forecast?

Dave