Beginners and Beyond

Wakey, Wakey, WednesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

Now serving, a bit of the hair from the dog that bit me.

happylily

Not bad!  Race coming up, yes?

What makes you say that? The fact that I'm running doubles during taper weeks?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Now serving, a bit of the hair from the dog that bit me.

Uh... what?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Uh... what?

I drank a lot last night and was crooked all day. Tonight, I am drinking a little to right myself. Smile

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with 6 x 1/2 mile at 5k pace/effort. The ones I did into the wind sucked and felt like I was barely moving forward.

delicate flower

7 miles at 7:52 pace on a hill route.  I had a bear cross in front of me, stop, and stare at me at mile four, so I backpedaled and detoured home another route, forcing me to run up the biggest goddamn hill in town.  Thanks, stupid bear.  How close was the bear, you ask?  Five more strides and I would have run into him.

<3

Zelanie

7 miles at 7:52 pace on a hill route.  I had a bear cross in front of me, stop, and stare at me at mile four, so I backpedaled and detoured home another route, forcing me to run up the biggest goddamn hill in town.  Thanks, stupid bear.  How close was the bear, you ask?  Five more strides and I would have run into him.

You should have brought your hatchet with you.

I am trying to make the best of taper madness since I only have a few days to do so.  I plotted the course of my marathon into RA to check elevation.  Not too bad, except that they put the turnaround at the top of a hill.  Jerks!  Also, my LRS is out of salted caramel GU.  Luckily, Amazon has some.  No word yet on whether there are any aid stations or where they are.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Not too bad, except that they put the turnaround at the top of a hill.

It's a lot worse to have a turnaround at the bottom of a hill, lose momentum on the turn, then have to head back up the hill.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Zelanie

It's a lot worse to have a turnaround at the bottom of a hill, lose momentum on the turn, then have to head back up the hill.

Oh my gosh, you're right.  That would be much worse.