Beginners and Beyond

The PI's of March Penguin Weekend. (Read 25 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, sapf!

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on the PR sapf.  Have a well deserved nap.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations on the PR sapf.

Cold and windy today, especially out by the open fields, but I finished my planned 12.2. Garmin was acting up during upload and lost the elevation data but at least I got the splits.

on my way to badass

Congrats on the PR and a smart race sapf!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

From the Internet.

Congrats on the half PR sapf!

Brilliant

Hello Penguins,

I posted in the LA Marathon thread.  I did not die in the heat but I didn't PR either.  It never occurred to me that I wouldn't PR from a 5:52 time last year!!  Anyway it was hot and horrible and I'm sunburned and ....well I'm going to stop complaining because I kinda want to forget today ever happened.   But my hubby showed up at the finish line and he actually talked the kids into coming - they've never done that - it was nice. And now hubby and I are going out to burgers and beer with one of my teammates and her hubby.  So my day just got better. Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hello Penguins,

I posted in the LA Marathon thread.  I did not die in the heat but I didn't PR either.  It never occurred to me that I wouldn't PR from a 5:52 time last year!!  Anyway it was hot and horrible and I'm sunburned and ....well I'm going to stop complaining because I kinda want to forget today ever happened.   But my hubby showed up at the finish line and he actually talked the kids into coming - they've never done that - it was nice. And now hubby and I are going out to burgers and beer with one of my teammates and her hubby.  So my day just got better. Smile

Way to push through the heat, Bri.  Enjoy the burgers and beer.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations on finishing. You earned that beer, and then some.  It's good for rehydration, right?

Zelanie

Brilliant!  Nicely done!  

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hello Penguins,

Freakin' well done, Brill!  I am super happy for you. I ran that race last year and it was hot for the last six miles or so. You had heat the ENTIRE way and kicked butt!  Don't say you'll never do another one, we all say that. Find one in the winter. For me, Tucson was great.  Can't wait to hear about your day, including the burgers and beer. CONGRATS!

Hi Pens!

Great races everyone! So happy for all your PR's string efforts. Look like the racing season is in full form. It's great to hear about the races you have been training for.

Been such a busy week for me...Been running, works crazy busy, PT's going well and lots of family birthdays. As you know yesterday was Pi day and DS's birthday. Being a hard core pre baker myself, have the family a choice: chocolate, coconut, or vanilla cream pie.

Happy Pi day!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

GinnyinPA

Three pies?  Nice!  I love pie.