Beginners and Beyond

Is It WednesDailies? (Read 48 times)

Dave!  You need a break already man, so sorry about the spill.  I support the bubble wrap concept.

Bert, "bazonkers" shall be added to my lexicon of awesome words.  It's right up there with "redonkulous," and "twatwaffle."

OFR, thanks for the vote of confidence, and hey!  Mrs. Runner is killing it!  Obviously, she has an excellent coach.

Speaking of coaching, I did the prescribed OFR speed workout today-- 12x 400 with 1:20 recoveries.  Except I screwed up and programmed 2:20 recoveries into the watch   Someone here had said something about hitting the lap button early, so I tried that to manually start the next interval after the right amount of rest.  It mostly worked.  Once I accidentally hit stop instead of lap, so no data for that interval...  but overall, it was a decent fix in the moment, and good to know I can do that!  Anyway 2 warm up, all that nonsense, and a couple miles cool down for 8.3 miles that was really closer to 8.5 (didn't get that quarter mile when I hit pause...).  Next time I'll program this shiz right.

DavePNW

Next time I'll try to program this shiz right.

This is all you can really do. You were at least closer than when I meant to program 2:30, but instead programmed 2:30:00. It only took me about an hour into that first recovery to realize it.

Dave

This is all you can really do. You were at least closer than when I meant to program 2:30, but instead programmed 2:30:00. It only took me about an hour into that first recovery to realize it.

You!!!!!  You were the one who said I could hit the lap button!!!  Dude, your mistake ended up paving the way to my salvation.  Gracias!

Also, I too read, "another 20 on Friday," and thought, "WTF kind of recovery program is this?!?!?"  But then again, OM does crazy workouts, so it almost made sense.  Then I re-read and comprehension took me off that ledge.

Cyberic

You!!!!!  You were the one who said I could hit the lap button!!!  Dude, your mistake ended up paving the way to my salvation.  Gracias!

DaveP is the people's hero.

oldfartrunner

LM: Nice work out! ... I thought 20 miles too, but that would be a Bread recovery. 

Onemile: Sorry to hear about Gracie. Sad Hope they got it all. ...Easy 20-30 runs do help IMO. Gets the blood flowing, joints lubricated, and HGH flowing. 30 min walks are good too. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, no, Gracie!  Hoping she gets better soon!  And give her a kiss from me next time you see her at the vet.

Damaris

KCRuns

That has been on my list for a while, I thought it looked cool. But my wife has no interest, so haven't gotten around to it. We usually try to find something we can watch together. Since finishing our last one (not sure if this exactly fits the category, but it was the Ken Burns Vietnam War documentary series), we are currently on the lookout.

I didn't have any interest either and only watched the first episode because DH wanted to see it, but by the end I was the one saying to start episode 2 right away.  I think we watched 3 or 4 episodes that night!

onemile

Onemile: Sorry to hear about Gracie. Sad Hope they got it all. ...Easy 20-30 runs do help IMO. Gets the blood flowing, joints lubricated, and HGH flowing. 30 min walks are good too. Smile

Thanks. The vet is going to go back in each day to check if more needs to be removed. That's why she's staying there.

Usually I just take a ton of time off and feel like shit for 3-4 weeks once I start running again. So this is an experiment! I meant to try it after CIM but I was so disabled and my quad felt injured that I just took the time off instead.

onemile

I liked Orphan Black for the first couple seasons and then it went downhill and I quit watching it

Bates Motel is awesome

DavePNW

I didn't have any interest either and only watched the first episode because DH wanted to see it, but by the end I was the one saying to start episode 2 right away.  I think we watched 3 or 4 episodes that night!

Maybe I just need to start watching it while she happens to be in the room, and see if she gets hooked. There's a reasonable likelihood of that. Sometimes we turn on the TV with intent of watching something on On Demand or DVR or whatever, and she's like "wait, I want to watch this" after seeing 5 seconds of whatever rando show happens to be on when the TV comes on.

Dave

KCRuns

I liked Orphan Black for the first couple seasons and then it went downhill and I quit watching it

Bates Motel is awesome

There was a season that got off track, but then it got good again. We're in the last season now with just a few episodes left.   I've heard The Ozarks is really good too, so might have to try that one next.

DH watches Bates Motel, but I couldn't get into that one.  I usually read or play games on my phone while he watches it.

KCRuns

Maybe I just need to start watching it while she happens to be in the room, and see if she gets hooked. There's a reasonable likelihood of that. Sometimes we turn on the TV with intent of watching something on On Demand or DVR or whatever, and she's like "wait, I want to watch this" after seeing 5 seconds of whatever rando show happens to be on when the TV comes on.

That tactic frequently works on me as well!

DavePNW

There was a season that got off track, but then it got good again. We're in the last season now with just a few episodes left.   I've heard The Ozarks is really good too, so might have to try that one next.

DH watches Bates Motel, but I couldn't get into that one.  I usually read or play games on my phone while he watches it.

Have you watched Fargo? That's been really good.

Dave

Cyberic

So Mindhunters, Orphan Black, Bates Motel...

I am looking for a new series right now. Watched one episode of "The OA" yesterday, but not sure about it. I think I'll try something out of the three above suggestions instead.

I've watched the Ozarks, and it is very good.

oldfartrunner

I got 5 more. Smile

We are going to watch the old movie "The Fugitive", with Harrison Ford.  See ya all tomorrow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoyqZJWjOjU