Beginners and Beyond

Cinco de Mayo Monday Penguins (Read 24 times)

on my way to badass

Hey Penguins.

4 easy for me today (done and in the books).  It was a good one.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey y'all.

Woke up, from what little sleep I got last night, with my head completely clogged up.  RD for me...feeling quite a bit better tonight.  Will give it a whirl Tuesday morning on new shoes...Swoosh.

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Cinco de Mayo !!!!

SRD for me and DW.  Went to my public health club after work for some weight machines and while I was there they set up their first stair climber.  Of course I was the first one on.  40 floors in 10 minutes at 140 HR.  Great workout.  My legs were burning.  I'll have to try it again.

Also figured out that the new TM's can go downhill (only 3 degrees)  I know I read somewhere that downhill is good for something, just can't remember what.

And, they are also starting an arrangement with a PT chain to have therapists coming in a few times a week.  That will be great since I've had 2 injuries in the last year.  Finally, they took my suggestion to start a beginner running program and are starting a walk/run 5K program.  Yay, more runners.

Guess a membership increase will be coming soon.

GinnyinPA

We managed to stay cool here in PA - only 65 as a high, with scattered clouds.  DH and I took Ben to the state park for a 5 mile loop.  695' climb in the first mile to get our hearts pumping, then downhill and flat for the rest of it.  Ben very much appreciated the cold creek at the bottom of the hill.  It's supposed to get up to 80 midweek, and I admit I'm not ready for that yet. DH and I plan to head to the Pacific NW this summer to avoid the heat if possible.  I probably won't get to do much running, but at least it will be cooler for hiking.

HM - where are you flying?

Cherie - ouch to running when it's that hot.  It's too early to be in the mid-90s.

Scotty - I hope your weight workout went well.  So did you celebrate the date, or did your races count as celebration?

Robert - sorry for the stuffed head.  Cold or sinus infection?

Stonefence - I'm glad you had a good run this time.

Jerry - sounds like you had a fun day at the gym.  Will you be able to help out the new runners?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry - sounds like you had a fun day at the gym.  Will you be able to help out the new runners?

Ginny, I'm not inclined to.  It's called Chi Walk Run 5K Training. I thought the Chi was for Chicago, but  this program is run by Chi Living (as in T'ai Chi) of which I know very little, but appears to be a comprehensive worldwide wellness program.  See Chiliving.com.    Anyone familiar with this?

I would be more comfortable if it was run by a local running organization like CARA (Chicago Area Runners Association).

GinnyinPA

I read the Chi Running book and saw that he has written one on chi walking as well.  The focus is on form - especially running relaxed, which I have problems with sometimes.  But I've heard criticisms about it - possibly because they more or less promise injury free running, which is easier said than done.

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Spend most of the evening at urgent care with DD, who has a fever and we were thinking maybe strep.

Late night special- here's a photo from my race yesterday that kind of cracks me up.  I didn't remember doing this at all, but then I remembered that the path we were on ended right there, and I had asked whether we were supposed to take the road or the sidewalk from there to the finish (maybe 200m away).  Apparently at that point in the race, what I thought was asking a question really meant that I was pointing and grimacing.  And that guy behind me was seriously giving me a run for my money.