Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #162 (Read 32 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yep, summer is here. Getting better at this early morning BS and made it out the door at 7:15. It was still gross. 3.5 miles in horrendous humidity.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was just about to post a dailies thread lol.

This morning SUCKED! I honestly cannot see how I've been running the last 9 summers damn it, this morning just nearly took so much out of me. Temp was 79 with a feels like 86, humidity at 94% and a dew point of 76, it sucked nasty balls.

I ran 5 miles, and lost like 4 lbs of sweat.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I ran 10.

It felt like I was running in a steamy pan of sauteed potatoes, and the sun wasn't even out. 

Just a 20 minute cross training warm up on recumbent bike and elliptical 😐 I really should have been doing this all along but I hate exercising😡

I have no excuse for not doing it as four years ago we got the bike and elliptical for my wife at Goodwill for only $250 for both.  We also got a treadmill for 100 bucks off Craig’s list.
          ...I just not an indoor Duck.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 11 with 3 @ MP which won't be in heat or humidity, because I won't run in that shit.

Damaris

LRB

I ran 5 miles, and lost like 4 lbs of sweat.

At one point during the second mile a bead of sweat ran down the middle of my back. It was so big that I jumped thinking somebody had touched me.

bluerun

Super B****

A bit over 10K... it's that time of year when running by HR really, really slows you down. Yay! (I miss that feeling when I'm sitting inside freezing my ass off because people put on the A/C so damn high.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

At one point during the second mile a bead of sweat ran down the middle of my back. It was so big that I jumped thinking somebody had touched me.

Omg it was Rona coming after you!

we need a laughing emoji.

Oh did I mention I was nearly attacked only a 1/4 from my house? Yeah, the same brindle pit bull that attacked Jetta last Fall was in it's owners' neighbor's yard/field, when it saw me, it came charging at me and did not back off, it actually lunged at me when I shouted at it.

I've dealt with MANY dogs, but this was the first time I actually felt some level of fear that this dog was going to attack me, go for my legs. Most dogs back off when I shout at them, even other pit bulls, but this one actually charged at me even more aggressively.

This is the same dog that killed our neighbor's chickens about 3-4 years ago, same dog that comes running out of his yard/property try and attack the other neighbor's kids as they walk down their driveway to meet the bus at the road.

Suffice to say, I have called animal control.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

DavePNW

I ran 10.

With 8x800m. Oof. As predicted: 5k effort and 10k pace. Last rep was fastest anyway, so I guess that’s something.

Dave

KCRuns

The McMillan website gives you training paces, based on current fitness and aimed at your goal fitness. 1200 m. is shown twice: under Stamina Paces, it would be slightly slower than 5k up to 10k pace. It says it should feel Medium Hard, effort level 5-8. Under Speed Paces it says Hard Effort which is 5k pace to about 25 seconds faster than 5k. So I guess it depends on whether you are working on speed or stamina.

I had no idea this was on there!  I think 10k pace is probably a good goal for me tomorrow.

I did run/walk for 3 miles on the TM because we have severe thunderstorms this morning.

RunningOnSand

Good morning, all.

We had thunderstorms come through last night, so the temperature was only like 60* (with little humidity), and sprinkling during this morning's shenanigans. HEAVEN. I've been doing walk 20, run 20, walk 20 for a couple weeks. My achilles and peroneal tendons are still a bit grumpy, getting grumpier with any yard work that I do, but I've been able to hang in there. I also was out the door by 6:30, and got up in time to drink my coffee.

FS, re: pitbulls, they're terrifying. There was a loose/stray one on one of the trails I run on, and I had my dog with me. Luckily this guy seemed like a little lover, but he scared the crap out of me and I initially assumed he was going to attack my dog. I'm so grateful he didn't. Another runner had actually run past me, then had turned back around and come to help the dog find its owner. I think he was reunited.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning, all.

We had thunderstorms come through last night, so the temperature was only like 60* (with little humidity), and sprinkling during this morning's shenanigans. HEAVEN. I've been doing walk 20, run 20, walk 20 for a couple weeks. My achilles and peroneal tendons are still a bit grumpy, getting grumpier with any yard work that I do, but I've been able to hang in there. I also was out the door by 6:30, and got up in time to drink my coffee.

FS, re: pitbulls, they're terrifying. There was a loose/stray one on one of the trails I run on, and I had my dog with me. Luckily this guy seemed like a little lover, but he scared the crap out of me and I initially assumed he was going to attack my dog. I'm so grateful he didn't. Another runner had actually run past me, then had turned back around and come to help the dog find its owner. I think he was reunited.

This one is actually my first bad experience with one, my sister had two pits... Now only one after the other died from head injuries sustained from my sister hitting it over the head trying to stop it and the other pit from fighting 🤦

I used to be an advocate for them, not so much anymore.

PRs

sdWhiskers

Suffice to say, I have called animal control.

Good, hopefully they do something.

Here, a dog has to bite TWO people before animal control will take it 

sdWhiskers

8.7 miles with 12 min HMP then 10 x 1 min on/off. This wasn't bad at all. I started just before 6am and the sun was already blazing but not crazy hot yet. Humidity is 16% and dropping.

Had a webex with a colleague yesterday who had been outside without sunscreen or a hat but was wearing a mask. LOL at that sunburn.

Cyberic

Ran 11 with HS