Beginners and Beyond

Just Another Saturday Penguin (Read 21 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: yes, that is the plan. Four days a week.

Awood: eh, just a headache. Wink

Hog: nice work and great pic on FB.

SheCan

Beautiful sunny 70 degree day.  I'm planning a long run after we take Ben for his morning walk.

Yay!  Finally!  Hope you have a wonderful day out in the warm sunshine.  Sorry your run wasn't the best;  we all have days like that.  Sometimes cutting it short is the smartest option.

Awood-- congratulations!

Jack-- Ohhh, I hope this is a sign of things to come.  So happy you had a good, painfree run!

Mitch-- congratulations on your duathlon!  Hope you saved some energy for tomorrow.  Can't wait to read your RRs.

Did 9-1/2 today in the wind.  I was hoping to get out before the wind started up much, but it came a little early.  It wasn't too bad, though, I did have a bit of trouble when I'd go head first into it.  Plus with the warm weather, I'm just going to hve to start bringing water on runs of this length.  I felt rather parched when I got home.  Tonight we're doing an after show for "Baseball and the Blue" night.  We have a little group going, so it should be a fun time though i am a bit disappointed that "Mudcat" Grant won't be there playing.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Robert31320

Team TJ

I ran in the Blessing of the Feet 5K this morning.  Got 3rd place AG.  12 seconds faster would have been good for 2nd place....gots to work a little harder.

Running for TJ because he can't.

obiebyke

Jack, I'm glad you had a nice looooong run. Fabulous.

I completed C25K W3D3 today and did just fine. Hooray! On to week 4. I was looking at my summary graphs and it's really no wonder I got injured. Let's see if I can allow myself a more gradual buildup this time. I'm just glad to be running at all.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

GinnyinPA

Robert - congratulations.  Did they give out awards for AG placement?

Cherie - hot and windy, no wonder you were parched.  I need water for any run over an hour, and when it's hot, I carry water if I'm going out for more than 4 miles.  I hate being dehydrated.

Obiebyke - I'm glad you're feeling healed enough to start over.  What do you think you did wrong before?  Congratulations on getting through the first three weeks.  I didn't have the patience to go through the whole c25k when I came back from injury, (either time), but I did start with the basic premise of 1/2 hour of exercise three days a week to start.  My body was very quick to let me know when I was doing too much.

SheCan

Robert-- Congratulations on the AG award !!!  WTG!  You're doing great.

Obie-- at least you're running again, and didn't just give into the injury.  One good thing about being on the penguin thread, is we have a lot of persistent runners, that hang in there get past their injuries.  Ginny's definitely one that knows what it takes not to start over.  Now you have experience and can train smarter than you did before.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Robert, congrats on the AG!

Ginny, the legs were 3 mile run/13.5 mile bike/3 mile run.

My legs are feeling a little better, just need to eat more, along with some hydration.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Yes, medals given to top 3 places in each group.  12 seconds faster would have been rewarded with 2nd place....

Robert - congratulations.  Did they give out awards for AG placement?

Running for TJ because he can't.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

ROBERT!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Zelanie

Nice running, Mitch and Robert!

obiebyke

I actually started on week 3. I skipped the first 2 weeks of C25K. It's not as much the fitness that's the problem, it's easing in with the impact to gauge for pain and make sure I'm healed. What I did wrong: in short, increase distance too fast and not listen to my body.

Obiebyke - I'm glad you're feeling healed enough to start over.  What do you think you did wrong before?  Congratulations on getting through the first three weeks.  I didn't have the patience to go through the whole c25k when I came back from injury, (either time), but I did start with the basic premise of 1/2 hour of exercise three days a week to start.  My body was very quick to let me know when I was doing too much.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)