Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: It's Going Down ⬇ (Read 28 times)

LRB

Hi. 👋

It's currently 61 degrees and after about 8:00 am or so, we will not see the 60s again here for some days. It looks like lots of 40s and 50s for us, so so long summer?

Okay then.

Bye. 👋

Half Crazy K 2.0

One more uncomfortable day here. Dewpoint is 73 this morning. It's supposed to be in the low 40s Saturday night. I predict lots of parkas at my 5k Sunday morning. I know it's good conditions, but it's going to be a shock.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Not even going to check my dewpoint, but it had an 8 in the front earlier.  I have 5 TM miles tonight.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Looks sticky here today too - 69f/69f dewpoint right now. Not the worst for an easy run though, especially since it's overcast. I'll get in an easy hour or so this morning.

onemile

43 and WINDY here. Summer is over.

GinnyinPA

74 with a DP of 72 at the moment. It's raining and has been for a while. We have about an inch in the rain gauge. Cool down begins tomorrow.

sdWhiskers

Having my own dental problems over here. Had a new crown put on a week ago...and throbbing pain every day since. Basically 24/7 pain medication to survive. Went back to the dentist last night where he removed the crown and will have one made out of a different material to try again. So 1 week with a temporary one. Couldn't eat anything last night because I was so numb so made today my RD instead of tomorrow. Still have strength training after work with my trainer. I was expecting the dentist to say the dreaded words root canal but hopefully no.

Weather here is highs in 70s, lows in 60s for the foreseeable future and sunny. I guess this is why I put up with the traffic and high cost of living.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Having my own dental problems over here. Had a new crown put on a week ago...and throbbing pain every day since. Basically 24/7 pain medication to survive. Went back to the dentist last night where he removed the crown and will have one made out of a different material to try again. So 1 week with a temporary one. Couldn't eat anything last night because I was so numb so made today my RD instead of tomorrow. Still have strength training after work with my trainer. I was expecting the dentist to say the dreaded words root canal but hopefully no.

Weather here is highs in 70s, lows in 60s for the foreseeable future and sunny. I guess this is why I put up with the traffic and high cost of living.

Ugh!  Wondering if the crown was too small.  Mine is made in house so it's made with you there trying it and retrying it.  Hoping you get some relief now.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not even 11am and I have uploaded or filed 10 motions/orders already.  They already called from the office (working from home) that I clogged and broke the printer, lol.  It's my Friday so I want to leave everything done today and make everybody go crazy, seems like.

Damaris

Decided to rip off the band-aid & finally make a go at an interval workout, at the track today. 8.5 miles total, with 10x400m. The early start I needed to make it to my 7:00 meeting (which was fortunately moved to 7:15) caused some problems because they started keeping the HS track locked up till 6:00 AM. So had to do a warmup longer than I had planned, till it opened, and then tough to squeeze the whole thing in. Got off to a disappointingly slow start on the interval paces, but eventually got warmed up to something reasonable, and finished with a couple that surprised me. So in the end, pretty encouraging I guess. And more importantly, nothing really hurt any more than usual.

Dave

KCRuns

Good morning!  It's 40s here today, absolutely perfect running weather.  But it's another rest day for me, just some walking.

Cyberic

That sucks. Hope it all turns out good for you.

It's 40s here today, absolutely perfect running weather.  

+1.

And about the not hurting too badly - I'm feeling it now. 

Dave

Cyberic

Decided to rip off the band-aid & finally make a go at an interval workout, at the track today. 8.5 miles total, with 10x400m. The early start I needed to make it to my 7:00 meeting (which was fortunately moved to 7:15) caused some problems because they started keeping the HS track locked up till 6:00 AM. So had to do a warmup longer than I had planned, till it opened, and then tough to squeeze the whole thing in. Got off to a disappointingly slow start on the interval paces, but eventually got warmed up to something reasonable, and finished with a couple that surprised me. So in the end, pretty encouraging I guess. And more importantly, nothing really hurt any more than usual.

I'm like that even when I do them regularly.  Very often, my first interval is my slowest. After a long time away from them, like you had, I'm not surprised at all by your experience.

I'm like that even when I do them regularly.  Very often, my first interval is my slowest. After a long time away from them, like you had, I'm not surprised at all by your experience.

Yes, same. Just more dramatic today - started around 7:30, for the first 3, all the way down to 6:15 for the last two.

Dave