Beginners and Beyond

Toosticuler Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It won't last.... forecast is already showing 90's as I get closer to October 5 (the Evansville Half Marathon). Maybe, just maybe the forecast will change over the next few days..... I'm freaking sick of this heat.

Drive to Indy and run the HM at Fort Ben instead that day.  Rumor has it I’ll be there.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cy, the Paris Marathon is one of my favorites.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

This is one of my (very many) pet peeves: why do so many people fail to grasp the concept that we're all individuals, and what works for one person will not necessarily work for someone else? It works for you? Great! I'm happy doing what I'm doing, so you can just shut up and be happy doing what you're doing without trying to get everyone else to do the same thing.

So true. And not just about running.

The pet peeve on the flip side though is someone who constantly complains about xyz but won't try anything different.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very true, hell it can change in an hour lol. But I'm so tired of this heat and just looking at the 10 day forecast and seeing even one day in the 80's or 90's has me like:

Image result for pouting gif

The forecast for Indy is 50F as the low, just saying.  You better NOT send me your weather there.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

7 miles in darkness that lasted 5 of those miles. Sigh.

Strength training at the gym last night has my legs feeling a good sore in all the places.

delicate flower

This is one of my (very many) pet peeves:

One of mine is the guy I beat in a race coming up to me after and giving me all the reasons/excuses why he didn't beat me, you know, instead of just shaking my hand saying "Good race" like I ALWAYS DO.  This has happened more than once.

Fortunately I can't remember the last time I got unsolicited advice, and I certainly never give any.  I tend to keep my mouth shut but will offer input if directly asked, and I think because of that, I've become someone who's opinion is actually valued in my running/triathlon circles.  It feels good when someone says, "I was hoping you would respond."

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The forecast for Indy is 50F as the low, just saying.  You better NOT send me your weather there.

Lol, sadly I can't make two trips to Indy. I'll be going in November and that's it. I'm eyeing a trail half marathon in late December that is in Louisville and still wondering how I can talk hubs into that one.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Advice might be good and all but doubt someone like that knows about you enough to give meaningful constructive advice.  I was told once I can start winning races and running Boston IF ONLY I would add 10mpw to my already 70mpw schedule and also let my asthma disappear.  Thanks, buddy.  I'll be sure to try that new technique ASAP.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lol, sadly I can't make two trips to Indy. I'll be going in November and that's it. I'm eyeing a trail half marathon in late December that is in Louisville and still wondering how I can talk hubs into that one.

Ooh, let me know the information. Louisville is 2 hours from Indy.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Instead of working, I'm trying to figure out where to go on my post-marathon dive trip. I suspect attempting Florida then will just bite me in the ass like it did earlier this month.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Advice might be good and all but doubt someone like that knows about you enough to give meaningful constructive advice.  I was told once I can start winning races and running Boston IF ONLY I would add 10mpw to my already 70mpw schedule and also let my asthma disappear.  Thanks, buddy.  I'll be sure to try that new technique ASAP.

I am looking forward to seeing how you take to the cold winter running up north.  I'm talking about seasonably cold weather (20's and 30's), not the arctic blasts we get that push temps below zero...that stuff sucks even for those of us without asthma.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Instead of working, I'm trying to figure out where to go on my post-marathon dive trip. I suspect attempting Florida then will just bite me in the ass like it did earlier this month.

If you do, please wait until I'm out of the state so another hurricane does not come.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am looking forward to seeing how you take to the cold winter running up north.  I'm talking about seasonably cold weather (20's and 30's), not the arctic blasts we get that push temps below zero...that stuff sucks even for those of us without asthma.

It depends.  I've run in the 30s many times in races and feel great but if it's too windy it might.

Having said that, I was in Indy for 3-4 days in August and coughed never.  I cough here every few minutes or so every day 24/7.

Damaris

DavePNW

And then he started giving me marathon pacing advice! This from a guy who ran a four-minute positive split in a 20K and thinks that's a good thing.

Better than unsolicited pacing during an actual race.

Dave

DavePNW

I shouldn't worry because you turn a corner every seven marathons. 

My 7th marathon was my first BQ. Science! Can't wait to see what the 14th brings. If things go on schedule, that'd be next fall.

Dave