Beginners and Beyond

Toosticuler Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

DavePNW

I was at a party on Sunday, when a man asked me about marathons. Similar to you--how many I've done. And then what my fastest time was (after I told him he proceeded to look me up and down, slowly--wtf???). Then he said, "not bad". Wut?! Then asks what my BQ is for my age group, and tries to give advice but is cut off by someone else (I could have kissed the other person). Gross. The whole thing was just gross.

What the actual fuck is wrong with people.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

I can't think of when I've been given unsolicited advice. Maybe because I'm the guy doing that, lol. The few people I talk to IRL who do any running do a lot less than me, so I'm the "expert". Other than people I talk to at races or in my brand new running group, but that generally ends up being a fairly even exchange of information and experiences.

Dave

From the Internet.

5 easy yesterday and SO MUCH FOOD; tempo with my club this morning, I was a little hesitant after Sunday's ouchfest but it was good. 5 miles at 6:52 avg, right around 8 miles total with warmup/cooldown. Easy miles for the rest of the week - something longish on Thursday or Friday, last 20+ on either Saturday if I'm feeling amazing and run longish Thurs, or Monday if I'm not and run longish Fri.

Cyberic

Cy, the Paris Marathon is one of my favorites.

I just spent 30 minutes reading the Web site, and other info about it, and it sounds like a good idea!

MTA: Also looking at Chicago. Not the same season, I know Smile

MTA2: Oh! It seems I need a medical certificate to register in a marathon in France. That sucks.

bluerun

Super B****

If you do, please wait until I'm out of the state so another hurricane does not come.

You'll be long gone but I'm not going there... I forgot what a pain it is to dive in Florida if you come sans buddy. And without your own tanks. Guess it's either PDC again, which will be a lot more affordable, or I'll shell out a lot of money to go to the Bahamas, where I haven't been since I first tried diving. In 2007.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

My 7th marathon was my first BQ. Science! Can't wait to see what the 14th brings. If things go on schedule, that'd be next fall.

I hope my seventh marathon will be my last, so I'll go out with a bang!

...actually, I just thought about that again and realized it will be my eighth. Does that mean I'll have to keep going until I hit fourteen? FFS!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, apparently I stopped 4 times at 49, which is divisible by 7 so yes?

Damaris

LRB

I ran 8 miles. They were absolutely awful and the plan is to run for even longer tomorrow. 

DavePNW

I ran 8 miles. They were absolutely awful and the plan is to run for even longer tomorrow. 

What up with that? Still recovering from Sunday?

Dave

LRB

What up with that? Still recovering from Sunday?

I think I just suck. lol

DavePNW

Hit 200 miles for the month today. Could get to 250, which would be nice to get back there again.

Dave

Runshortii

I ran 3. I wanted to run 5-6 but I’m idiot and went to my weight class and then tried to run right after with jelly quads. Now I remember why I don’t do that

onemile

I just spent 30 minutes reading the Web site, and other info about it, and it sounds like a good idea!

MTA: Also looking at Chicago. Not the same season, I know Smile

MTA2: Oh! It seems I need a medical certificate to register in a marathon in France. That sucks.

I had a thought to run Chicago next year. It was my first marathon in 2010 so 2020 would be 10 years later... but then I remembered how stupid the weather is for that race.

DavePNW

I had a thought to run Chicago next year. It was my first marathon in 2010 so 2020 would be 10 years later... but then I remembered how stupid the weather is for that race.

I would ordinarily think October in Chicago would be good marathoning weather. But looking at the history, I guess it's been all over the map. Like, high of 84 the year you did it? I'd like to do it at some point, prob not next year, but who knows.

Dave