Beginners and Beyond

Toosticuler Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

DavePNW

I ran 3. I wanted to run 5-6 but I’m idiot and went to my weight class and then tried to run right after with jelly quads. Now I remember why I don’t do that

LOL. I remember doing a run after an intense yoga class one time, and it was pretty stupid.

Dave

Runshortii

I had a thought to run Chicago next year. It was my first marathon in 2010 so 2020 would be 10 years later... but then I remembered how stupid the weather is for that race.

It wasn’t too bad last year. I think it was 50s and drizzly. The DP was in the 60s though if I remember

onemile

I would ordinarily think October in Chicago would be good marathoning weather. But looking at the history, I guess it's been all over the map. Like, high of 84 the year you did it? I'd like to do it at some point, prob not next year, but who knows.

well, if you and Cy are doing it... 

DavePNW

It wasn’t too bad last year. I think it was 50s and drizzly. The DP was in the 60s though if I remember

This does not math.

Dave

onemile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just spent 30 minutes reading the Web site, and other info about it, and it sounds like a good idea!

MTA: Also looking at Chicago. Not the same season, I know Smile

MTA2: Oh! It seems I need a medical certificate to register in a marathon in France. That sucks.

That's just a little paper you can get your doctor to sign.  It's not a major thing; just an annoyance.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This does not math.

Yeah, especially since DP can never be higher than the temps... 

Damaris

Runshortii

Yeah, especially since DP can never be higher than the temps... 

Then maybe it was in the 60s lol  my bad

DavePNW

That's just a little paper you can get your doctor to sign.  It's not a major thing; just an annoyance.

Well if Damaris was able to get medical clearance, Eric will be no problem. 

Dave

onemile

if he can even get into see a doctor under the healthcare system in Canada 

RunningOnSand

Chicago seems like it could be really fun. Like 26.2 miles of pancake flat "fun". But you'd have to like city marathons--b/c isn't the whole marathon through the city? Are there any urban parts? I only say this b/c I ran RnR Vegas HM one year and I didn't like the constant sight of buildings. But there wasn't much crowd support, either (who in Vegas was up in the morning cheering people on, lol -- this is before they changed it to an evening marathon).

I ran 5.2, and walked an additional 2.5.

Cyberic

I can be rather bull headed when it comes to some things. The HR, my bosses, everyone is telling me to get a doctor to sign me a paper for a sit-stand desk. No. I want my company to actually act proactively and think of injury prevention.

The Paris marathon is a different thing, but I wish more people were like me and didn't go to the doctor so much, coz it's *free*. We (province) would be richer. So going to the doc to get medical clearance for a marathon... I have to figure out if that is against my principles.

Cyberic

Chicago seems like it could be really fun. Like 26.2 miles of pancake flat "fun". But you'd have to like city marathons--b/c isn't the whole marathon through the city? Are there any urban parts? I only say this b/c I ran RnR Vegas HM one year and I didn't like the constant sight of buildings. But there wasn't much crowd support, either (who in Vegas was up in the morning cheering people on, lol -- this is before they changed it to an evening marathon).

I ran 5.2, and walked an additional 2.5.

I don't care much about crows support, and I don't care much about the sight seeing in a marathon. Pancake flat, on the other hand !!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Marrying the right person also helps. Lol

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Chicago is all city. No suburbs or residences but a few.

Damaris