Beginners and Beyond

Toosticuler Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I killed my intervals on a TM that killed me during the shutdown. Gold star me!

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

another easy 3 for me this morning followed by leg strength and upper body stuff. My "pain in the butt" seems to be getting better based on a "sitting at work" test today. Hopefully the running improves soon...

weather in SE MI was crisp and cool and looks like it stays that way this week. should be ideal for (my short) morning runs, other than it's pretty dark now at 5:30am

Paris would be really cool to run. we were in Rome this spring apparantly just before the marathon there and I was thinking it must be pretty cool to run a marathon in an international destination city...

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

what happened? I had a friend who manged to get shot off the back of a treadmill into a wall. Ended up with a nasty burn on his back from the treadmill belt

I killed my intervals on a TM that killed me during the shutdown. Gold star me!

KCRuns

Chicago seems like it could be really fun. Like 26.2 miles of pancake flat "fun". But you'd have to like city marathons--b/c isn't the whole marathon through the city? Are there any urban parts? I only say this b/c I ran RnR Vegas HM one year and I didn't like the constant sight of buildings. But there wasn't much crowd support, either (who in Vegas was up in the morning cheering people on, lol -- this is before they changed it to an evening marathon).

I ran 5.2, and walked an additional 2.5.

Chicago is all city running with amazing crowd support the whole way.  It does go through neighborhoods though, so it's not all downtown high rises, there are plenty of condo high rises too  .  I realize I'm biased about the Chicago marathon, but it is a good one and FLAT.

I ran 8 on Sat and 12 on Sun for a modified 20 miler.  My Chicago experience this year is gonna suck, but life happens and sometimes is out of my control, so I'm adapting.  3 miles today.  Still practicing scheduled run/walk intervals because that's the only way I'll get through the marathon and live to tell about it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

what happened? I had a friend who manged to get shot off the back of a treadmill into a wall. Ended up with a nasty burn on his back from the treadmill belt

Haha. Nothing that bad. But this was the TM I had to use during the shutdown and all my sickness and blahness of early 2019.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

After months of the shutdown, we finally got a little thank you $$ for working 35 days without pay and in a mold infested building.

Damaris

delicate flower

I ran...part two of my double.  50 minute workout, with 2 x 15:00 tempo at 6:55 avg pace.  My legs were tired.  35 miles the past three days.  I know that's yawn-worthy for most of you people, but that's a lot of running for me and I was feeling it.

<3

DavePNW

Wish me luck tomorrow, because I plan to do some kind of workout, and hope both of my iffy hamstrings hold up.

Dave

LRB

Wish me luck tomorrow, because I plan to do some kind of workout, and hope both of my iffy hamstrings hold up.

Good luck!

LRB

I spoke at a college class tonight, MCC. It was pretty cool. 15 or so students who are undecided about their career path. I went on for an hour and 20 minutes strong with nary a single moment of silence. I know they were like, does this dude ever come up for air?? lol

LRB

Oh, and I wanted to share this because it was simultaneously annoying (mansplaining is annoying) and amusing.

This is when your deadpanning skills are most useful, and you got skills.

LRB

Don't ask about the title........

Don't worry, no one would dare venture anywhere near the gutter where you are concerned. lol

LRB

Morning!  Last day in the office.  I have 8 with 800m and 400m tonight.

Woke up to the news of the earthquake near PR, WTF.  No damage reported and finally talked to my mom.  My dad is in Tampa so no worries from that end.

Great news. IS PR becoming the new hell? lol

Cyberic

Good luck!

Cyberic

I spoke at a college class tonight, MCC. It was pretty cool. 15 or so students who are undecided about their career path. I went on for an hour and 20 minutes strong with nary a single moment of silence. I know they were like, does this dude ever come up for air?? lol

Cool stuff! Next time I see you, can you talk to me about retirement?