Beginners and Beyond

Toosticuler Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

LRB

Oh well. Suck it up, buttercup?

Next time take an off day. One of the benefits of not training for a goal race is you can do that on a whim.

Cyberic

Don't worry, no one would dare venture anywhere near the gutter where you are concerned. lol

LRB

the faster you get through 7, the faster you improve.  (IE, one per month would yield much faster improvement than running 1-2 per year)

lmao

LRB

I get similar stuff too. What I do get is people telling me how much faster I would be if I got a coach or joined a group. Many people presume that because I train on my own, I don't know what I'm doing, and that my times are all due to natural talent and there would be incredible improvement if I trained in a structured way.

So true. I had that yay hole all over me during the Tuesday night speed sessions earlier this summer and I finally had to tell him to get the F off of me. Now he just glares at me but oh well, not my problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Don't worry, no one would dare venture anywhere near the gutter where you are concerned. lol

Image result for Tim Curry smile gif

In all seriousness I had no idea what I was going for, looking at it now .... should've been toostacular or something lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

This is one of my (very many) pet peeves: why do so many people fail to grasp the concept that we're all individuals, and what works for one person will not necessarily work for someone else? It works for you? Great! I'm happy doing what I'm doing, so you can just shut up and be happy doing what you're doing without trying to get everyone else to do the same thing.

Exactly. Until there's a sign on my back soliciting advice, go far, far away. lol

LRB

something longish on Thursday or Friday, last 20+ on either Saturday if I'm feeling amazing and run longish Thurs, or Monday if I'm not and run longish Fri.

What??

LRB

I can't think of when I've been given unsolicited advice. Maybe because I'm the guy doing that, lol.

That was funny!

LRB

I ran 3. I wanted to run 5-6 but I’m idiot and went to my weight class and then tried to run right after with jelly quads. Now I remember why I don’t do that

Hmm, I thought you were supposed to run after weights, not before.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great news. IS PR becoming the new hell? lol

Right?  On top of that, there is tropical storm parked over them that entered at noon. The eye is going through my mom as of an hour ago.

Damaris

LRB

Hit 200 miles for the month today. Could get to 250, which would be nice to get back there again.

It's where you belong.

Meanwhile, I most likely won't crack 250, which is kind of bizarre given where I am on the schedule.

I don't know, I'm at the point where the individual quality runs are more important than overall mileage so I'm not going to worry about it.

sdWhiskers

Hmm, I thought you were supposed to run after weights, not before.

Depends which activity you care more about. I run first bc I'm using weights for overall health, not to seriously get stronger.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.7 mimles with 4 at HM pace and strength training.

LRB

Chicago seems like it could be really fun. Like 26.2 miles of pancake flat "fun". But you'd have to like city marathons--b/c isn't the whole marathon through the city? Are there any urban parts?

I just don't like marathons where the locals are looking at you wondering who/what you are running from.

LRB

I ran...part two of my double.  50 minute workout, with 2 x 15:00 tempo at 6:55 avg pace.  My legs were tired.  35 miles the past three days.  I know that's yawn-worthy for most of you people, but that's a lot of running for me and I was feeling it.

Doubles are not easy. Good work Son. Solid.