Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 38 times)

sdWhiskers

It was much slower than that, I was pressing "pause" at all traffic lights, pee breaks, when we were stopping to try to figure out which way to go... You can probably add a good 30 minutes to that time (on the top of my head). The finish time was not the idea.

I know, I'm just giving you a hard time . It actually sounds like a fun way to get in some miles.

onemile

And it was still way faster than I will be in a few weeks  

do you have a goal in mind for CIM?

DavePNW

Day 1 of involuntary freedom, and I slept like a Baboon. Around 9 hours, with one brief interruption at 3:00, but I was able to get back to sleep and got up at 6. Six o’clock!!! Basically like sleeping till noon. Being unemployed sucks but I might as well enjoy the good parts. My phone has a variety of alarm settings based on how many miles I’m doing before work - every 15 min between 4:00 and 5:00. I went in and deleted all those fuckers. Anyway I’ve got shit to do, but currently sitting in my recliner with a dog sleeping on my lap. And will do a short run at some point. 10:00? 2:00? 5:00? Who knows.

Dave

sdWhiskers

do you have a goal in mind for CIM?

I think MP around 9:20-9:30. Coach and I haven't yet discussed the final plan. Last year's CIM pace was 9:39. Recent races point to similar fitness but unfortunately not really any faster than a year ago.

Only 30 mins run stand on the mill, 20:40 of actual running at 2% and elevated pace, a nice warmup ... hope to do a regular type run tomorrow

onemile

Day 1 of involuntary freedom, and I slept like a Baboon. Around 9 hours, with one brief interruption at 3:00, but I was able to get back to sleep and got up at 6. Six o’clock!!! Basically like sleeping till noon. Being unemployed sucks but I might as well enjoy the good parts. My phone has a variety of alarm settings based on how many miles I’m doing before work - every 15 min between 4:00 and 5:00. I went in and deleted all those fuckers. Anyway I’ve got shit to do, but currently sitting in my recliner with a dog sleeping on my lap. And will do a short run at some point. 10:00? 2:00? 5:00? Who knows.

better timing woulda been a few weeks ago when you were in the thick of it. Now is taper time, right?

Cyberic

Yup! Hopefully it doesn't last long and you get to enjoy it while it lasts.

sdWhiskers

Same. I will delete them all in 3 weeks.

Seems weird to say 'enjoy the time off!'. But at the same time, enjoy having the toxic dump of a job out of your life. Sleeping better already is a good sign. Has always seemed terrible that companies lay off around the holidays.

DavePNW

better timing woulda been a few weeks ago when you were in the thick of it. Now is taper time, right?

True. But it’s kind of all I’ve known, so didn’t think about it before now. Yes it’s taper time and not a moment too soon.

Dave

Cyberic

Montreal is looking at ending its partnership with Rock'nRoll (and thus with IronMan, and thus with the Chinese owners) after this year's debacles. The numbers that are thrown around (have no way of verifying them) is that the company made $900K of profit.

It's in the papers, and of course on Facebook, that Montreal could have an international class marathon that could compete with Chicago, Boston, NTCM, and so on.

Now for the fun part: imagine the suggestions and arguments from John Does on Facebook 

DavePNW

Seems weird to say 'enjoy the time off!'. But at the same time, enjoy having the toxic dump of a job out of your life. Sleeping better already is a good sign. Has always seemed terrible that companies lay off around the holidays.

Yeah maybe I’m still in the honeymoon phase of unemployment. If it’s 6 months from now and still no job, I might not be loving life so much.

I’ve been on the giving end of this a number of times. Back when the 2008 recession hit, I had a group of 10 and had to let 4 of them go on the same day, right before the holidays. That was tough. Not really concerned about the timing though. There’s never a good time. I had a vacation to Florida planned in December, which now becomes unused vacation time I get paid for.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Montreal is looking at ending its partnership with Rock'nRoll (and thus with IronMan, and thus with the Chinese owners) after this year's debacles. The numbers that are thrown around (have no way of verifying them) is that the company made $900K of profit.

It's in the papers, and of course on Facebook, that Montreal could have an international class marathon that could compete with Chicago, Boston, NTCM, and so on.

Now for the fun part: imagine the suggestions and arguments from John Does on Facebook 

I am all in for Montreal to have a great race outside of RnR!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Finally got yesterday's results corrected. Geez. I can understand why they'd be suspicious of someone claiming to have run faster, but someone saying they ran slower??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Finally got yesterday's results corrected. Geez. I can understand why they'd be suspicious of someone claiming to have run faster, but someone saying they ran slower??

Hahaha, funny how people can be dumb.

Baboon

delicate flower

They are probably not used to dealing with people with integrity.

<3