Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 38 times)

From the Internet.

Happy Monday! Ran 12 with some friends yesterday and then hung out and ate pancakes and drank coffee with them, it was lovely. 8 easy miles with 8x10 sec hill sprints today. They felt too easy - like, they're not supposed to be a real workout, but this was extreme, lol. I need to find a steeper hill or lengthen my reps next time.

Finally got yesterday's results corrected. Geez. I can understand why they'd be suspicious of someone claiming to have run faster, but someone saying they ran slower??

lol! TOO HONEST, it's even more suspicious!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Finally got yesterday's results corrected. Geez. I can understand why they'd be suspicious of someone claiming to have run faster, but someone saying they ran slower??

Yea, but you would think where is the start line is a simple question with an easy answer......same race management company.

RunningOnSand

They are probably not used to dealing with people with integrity.

Sadly.

RunningOnSand

Lauren, seems like you've recovered like a boss and have made super fitness gains. That's awesome! Your pancakes + coffee with friends sound amazing, too.

Baboon, it's about time your legs started feeling some fatigue Big grin I was beginning to wonder if you were other-worldly. Wink

I ran a shade over 5.5 with the run club this morning. Not quite as many miles as I'd have liked, but honestly I felt good, and had wonderful company, so I can't complain. Plus it was about 30* and felt awesome. I really could do winter here, and like it, if it just stayed around this temp and not much colder. Oh, I got some Wazzie Wools for my birthday and proudly wore the blue shirt today. Loving.it.

Onemile, you've got a RD today--is your coach just throwing those in every once in awhile, or will you have more consistent RD's coming up? (Looking through your log it seems like it's been awhile--just curious!)

onemile

Oh, I got some Wazzie Wools for my birthday and proudly wore the blue shirt today. Loving.it.

Onemile, you've got a RD today--is your coach just throwing those in every once in awhile, or will you have more consistent RD's coming up? (Looking through your log it seems like it's been awhile--just curious!)

Best birthday present!

He's been giving me some optional rest days (that I haven't taken) but insisted I take off today after I said I felt tired on my 12 miler yesterday (I considered that to be expected after Saturday's wko though).  He believes in taking regular rest days... I don't think he's going to start giving them weekly though, at least I hope not, because then I'll have higher mileage the other 6 days to get to the desired weekly target....

bluerun

Super B****

Yea, but you would think where is the start line is a simple question with an easy answer......same race management company.

Tell them you want GPS coordinates!

The race pictures were released. I look about 90 in the finish line pictures. And they're close-up and high-res. YIKES! So much for cold being a preservative.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

5 miles that felt surprisingly good, despite the hard work yesterday. After the first slow mile, the rest were in the 8:00-8:10 range, although I never once looked at my watch and they felt effortless. I sure hope this is what the rest of tapering feels like.

Dave

Cyberic

At work, a co-worker of mine sent an email to a few other co-workers with this image, and they all think it's very funny. One of them answered "Oh, he was sugar-coating it that day".

MTA: Forgot to say the title of the email was "Eric in his last job Interview"

KCRuns

Cy, that's funny!

I ran 2.5 easy on the treadmill.  That's all the time I had, but it was nice to be away from my desk for a little while.

I have an asshole co-worker who, for the second Monday in a row, put me as his back up in his out of office email without talking to me about it in advance.  Those kinds of surprises are inconsiderate and unwelcome.  He was talked to about that last week when he did it the first time and I was mildly irritated.  Today I'm just pissed off and everybody here knows it. He'll get an earful when he gets back tomorrow, I'm too busy for this bullshit.

RunningOnSand

At work, a co-worker of mine sent an email to a few other co-workers with this image, and they all think it's very funny. One of them answered "Oh, he was sugar-coating it that day".

MTA: Forgot to say the title of the email was "Eric in his last job Interview"

LOL Smile

RunningOnSand

5 miles that felt surprisingly good, despite the hard work yesterday. After the first slow mile, the rest were in the 8:00-8:10 range, although I never once looked at my watch and they felt effortless. I sure hope this is what the rest of tapering feels like.

2019 is shaping up to be an excellent year for the B&B! Is your marathon the first Sat in December? the 7th?

RunningOnSand

Best birthday present!

He's been giving me some optional rest days (that I haven't taken) but insisted I take off today after I said I felt tired on my 12 miler yesterday (I considered that to be expected after Saturday's wko though).  He believes in taking regular rest days... I don't think he's going to start giving them weekly though, at least I hope not, because then I'll have higher mileage the other 6 days to get to the desired weekly target....

Most definitely!

Oh that's kind of nice that they're optional. That way you can really gauge it out yourself. And yeah, running your kind of mileage off 6 days a week seems cray. Actually, your kind of mileage is awe inspiring even at 7 days a week.

DavePNW

2019 is shaping up to be an excellent year for the B&B! Is your marathon the first Sat in December? the 7th?

Sunday 12/1 (Thanksgiving weekend), same day as Baboon, 1 week before Whiskers.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Baboon

delicate flower

In realtime, my race starts four hours before yours.

<3