Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 38 times)

RunningOnSand

In realtime, my race starts four hours before yours.

So you'll be done in time to track him!

DavePNW

So you'll be done in time to track him!

He’ll be done in time to get home, eat, shower, take a nap, and then track me.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

He’ll be done in time to get home, eat, shower, take a nap, and then track me.

Hopefully, I'll be done.  You know how these things can go.

<3

DavePNW

Yep.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Because #marathons

Damaris

DavePNW

Because #marathons

And to put a finer point on it, #floridamarathons.

MTA forecast: low 63, high 76. 

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I've been absent given my lack of running lately...

Dave - really sorry to hear about the job situation. I got "downsized" almost 4 years ago. was a bit of a shocker but, in the end, worked out fine. Only tips I have are: let everyone and anyone know what's going on because you never know who can refer you to a job or another contact; and regular email (or other) updates on your status keep you top of mind if someone does know of something (I sent monthly but, fortunately, only needed a couple before I lucked into a job).  Best of luck and happy to help in the Detroit area if you want to come back and freeze!

And, good luck with the taper and your marathon!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And that's not too bad compared to other years when I finished in 80F.  But he is so fast he will finish at 64F.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

I am anticipating Boston weather but on a much easier course.  I can live with that.

<3

sdWhiskers

That was my first marathon, RnR Arizona in Phoenix. If there had been at least one cloud in the sky, it would have helped.

Remember those "this is your brain on drugs" egg commercials from the 1990s? That was my brain that day.

DavePNW

That was my first marathon, RnR Arizona in Phoenix. If there had been at least one cloud in the sky, it would have helped.

Remember those "this is your brain on drugs" egg commercials from the 1990s? That was my brain that day.

I expect to have enough clouds to share with everyone. Mine is low 38, high 44, 50% chance of rain. Of course every day for the next 5 months there’s a 50% chance of rain; this far out, there is 100% chance that they have 0% idea whether it will. A steady rain at 38 degrees would kind of suck.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Fortunately my race has a 6:00 start, and with sunrise at 7:00, I should be able to get through half the race before the sun starts to become an issue.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Fortunately my race has a 6:00 start, and with sunrise at 7:00, I should be able to get through half the race before the sun starts to become an issue.

Do you have to carry lights? Or is it well lit?

sdWhiskers

Oh nice!

DavePNW

As you have found, mine has a 7:00 start. IDK why this one couldn’t start later, considering that getting too warm is never a concern. I will want to get there very early to have any hope of finding parking.

Dave