Beginners and Beyond

Soupy Saturdailies (Read 40 times)

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 10.7 tired miles this morning.  It was 74F, but lower humidity and a damn fine breeze.

I ran 6 yesterday morning, then the son and I went and hiked 6.5 hilly and bouldery (if that's a word) miles.  My feet were sore in strange places this morning, but I didn't give in to their whining.

We are headed to a local brewery in an hour or so, then to the next town over for my favorite non-mexican restaurant. After that we are hitting another brewery, then it's to the movies for Sausage Party.  I'm going to need a vacation from his vacation Smile.

I hope everyone has half the great day I'm going to have!

This post was funny!

LRB

I ran 7.

The temps were not bad but the air was thick and moist, so I was basically a sopping mop for the second half of it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

1:46:12. Passed a lot of people in the second half and was not passed. Yay, run-- walk. I think I even ran a negative split. Totally unexpected in this weather.

Cyberic

9.6 miles, easy enough, on a dirt bike path.

My foot is not "healed", of course, but the intense pain I was feeling 10 days ago or something is pretty much gone. I just have to keep being ultra careful, and run on soft surfaces as much as possible. Foot is a little weak, though, or a little hurt still, not sure, but I do not push from it as much as from the other foot.

Cyberic

Have a great day PR. Can't wait for my kids to be out of the house so I can appreciate the days they come to visit 

Great work HCK!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Can't wait for my kids to be out of the house so I can appreciate the days they come to visit 

It really is that much better when you see them.

Runner with a riding problem.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I ran 10 today and the air was indeed thick and disgusting. The breeze felt good though. You can tell we are in for more rain.

T-7 days to race day. Training and running hasn't gone all that great this time but I am already planning for next year's race. lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

I ran 10 today and the air was indeed thick and disgusting. The breeze felt good though. You can tell we are in for more rain.

T-7 days to race day. Training and running hasn't gone all that great this time but I am already planning for next year's race. lol

Hilarious!

No more marathons

Had a nice run this morning - 6.4 miles at my best pace since June.

I do so much more like running fast(ish) than slogging.

And Pitt is up 14 already on my alma mater. FFS

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Ric-G

nice job hck!

12 easy miles this morning...now having some coffee then some housecleaning. football and maybe a movie later on....anyway, have a great saturday everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey guys.  I've had a pretty bad morning.  Sad  DW and Oski ran a trail race and we husbands were on sherpa duty.  DW won her AG in the 5K.  Every AG winner got an apple pie, except DW's AG got tickets to see live folk music.  Sad  Why do bad things like this happen to me?  Fortunately the carrot cake pancakes that I had in the post-race meal helped ease my suffering.

Did I mention DW won her AG?  HOORAY!!  Oski did great too and ran twice as far.  Big grin

My weekend training calls for a 13 mile run today and a 30 mile ride tomorrow.  I'll be switching those workouts because it's 85 and humid this afternoon and FTS.

<3

workinprogress11

Half-Nice job in those conditions. A negative split is great!

Baboon-Congrats to MBC on the AG win.

Oski-Great job!

4 rainy miles.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hey guys.  I've had a pretty bad morning.  Sad  DW and Oski ran a trail race and we husbands were on sherpa duty.  DW won her AG in the 5K.  Every AG winner got an apple pie, except DW's AG got tickets to see live folk music.  Sad  Why do bad things like this happen to me?  Fortunately the carrot cake pancakes that I had in the post-race meal helped ease my suffering.

Did I mention DW won her AG?  HOORAY!!  Oski did great too and ran twice as far.  Big grin

My weekend training calls for a 13 mile run today and a 30 mile ride tomorrow.  I'll be switching those workouts because it's 85 and humid this afternoon and FTS.

Congratulations to  your DW and Oski. Folk music might not be too bad if you have a few adult beverages beforehand.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baboon, your DW was robbed. Hopefully the apple pie was no good.  Congrats Oski.

Apparently Gatorade takes a long ass time to unfreeze. I thought I was being smart and froze a water bottle full last night, thinking it would taste amazing at the end of my race. There is still a Gatorade-cicle in the water bottle and it was a frozen chunk except for a sip post-race. I did have it in an insulated bag in the car, but FFS, my handheld block of ice melted within 2 miles of the race.

DavePNW

Half-Nice job in those conditions. A negative split is great!

Baboon-Congrats to MBC on the AG win.

Oski-Great job!

4 rainy sunny miles.

^this.

Folk music tickets should be the prize for DFL.

Dave