Beginners and Beyond

Moistened MONDAILIES (Read 44 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh no, Lauren! Poor kitty SadSad I'll be thinking of her today. Hope everything will be ok

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

cjones1

Sorry to hear about your cat Lauren.  Hoping for the best.

4.5m easy with a couple strides at the end after a much appreciated rest day yesterday.  It was refreshingly cool this morning, only 59 degrees.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

happylily

Nothing for me. Still away from home and on an extended break from running.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Cat is not doing well. Glad I noticed the heavy breathing. They took an x-ray, there is too much fluid in there to see her heart and she could be in heart failure already. They're trying to clear out some of the fluid and there's a cardiologist who does appointments on Mondays only, so they're trying to bump another patient so that he can look at her this afternoon. I am really sad and really worried.

Sad

Sorry to hear that Lauren

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

URD. Forgot my towel  Not gonna go run and not take a shower before coming back to work.

happylily

URD. Forgot my towel  Not gonna go run and not take a shower before coming back to work.

Ever tried drying off with the brown hand paper from the dispensers near the sinks? It works.

LRB

Cat is not doing well. Glad I noticed the heavy breathing. They took an x-ray, there is too much fluid in there to see her heart and she could be in heart failure already. They're trying to clear out some of the fluid and there's a cardiologist who does appointments on Mondays only, so they're trying to bump another patient so that he can look at her this afternoon. I am really sad and really worried.

Damn.

LRB

Ever tried drying off with the brown hand paper from the dispensers near the sinks? It works.

Yes, there is nothing to it actually.

From the Internet.

Thanks guys. I'm so sad. She's my little shadow, follows me everywhere, used to wake me up by touching my eyelids before husband banished cats from our room at night. I really hope I have a few more years with her. Hell, I'd take a few more months.

happylily

Sad

Sorry to hear that Lauren

+100%

Love that kitty a lot while you can.

cjones1

Ha!  If I tried that....well, let's just say it's a good thing I have a private office. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Cyberic

If today would have been an important run, or a hockey game, I would have found a solution, and the brown paper would have been considered as a possibility. I also have an  clean T-Shirt in my drawer, in case of an emergency like tomato sauce on my shirt for example, that I could have used to dry myself. But I just thought of that as I'm writing this. Let's just say I didn't think hard to find a solution, and didn't mind the URD too much.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

This morning I joined a gym and did 60 minutes on the elliptical and my core workout. It was a nice, older crowd in there, and I already made some friends. The best part was that there were were no wannabe MMA muscle heads who call you "boss" or "chief." I will be back tomorrow armed with music. 60 minutes on an elliptical goes by very sloooooowly.

Baboon

delicate flower

The best part was that there were were no wannabe MMA muscle heads who call you "boss" or "chief." I will be back tomorrow armed with music. 

It's fun when the younger guys call you "Sir."  Meh, at least there is some respect there.

<3

LRB

The best part was that there were were no wannabe MMA muscle heads who call you "boss" or "chief." 

How about dog or home skillet. lol