Beginners and Beyond

Moistened MONDAILIES (Read 44 times)

happylily

just bumping up this dailies so people don't confuse the Sunday for the Monday. You're welcome.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My 27th race of the year done on Sunday:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/7149d68501734da5ab863b4e4f7abc8e/resume#focus

Today is a non-running day. Our university computers went down for a while, so I went to the university gym for lunch and got my weight-training circuit done, yay!  Of course, this means I have to work a bit late today to make up some time, but that's okay, it's all good.

After 25 days of rain...it is finally sunny and supposed to be sunny all week.  That will help all the folks flooded out dry out a bit and also let the cleanup process begin.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Travel day, RD for me.

Lauren, sorry for the kitty.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Thanks guys. I'm so sad. She's my little shadow, follows me everywhere, used to wake me up by touching my eyelids before husband banished cats from our room at night. I really hope I have a few more years with her. Hell, I'd take a few more months.

Good luck with the furkid, Lauren.  I have a cat that does this too, and she comes when she is called.  Well, when I call her.  She don't care when DW calls her.

Anywho, I ran.  Treadmill progression run.  60 minutes, 8.8 miles, 6:52 avg pace.  A good hard effort, though I would have pushed it harder if I didn't have a race in six days.  No need to do something stupid right now.

<3

From the Internet.

I am the saddest. Large mass behind her heart. I just want a couple more days with her.

Little Blue

I am the saddest. Large mass behind her heart. I just want a couple more days with her.

{{{{{{Lauren & kitty}}}}}}}

Can they make her comfortable, so you can spend a little time together?

LRB

Sorry Lauren. Treasure the memories.

LRB

I am finally in, it has been a long day. I earned this drink!

cjones1, fantastic 4.5.

Lily, I hope that you're having a pleasant day.

Cyberic99, I hope that your URD turns out to be unexpectedly good.

BerthaSlayer, I hope that June brings you much joy. Welcome back.

Little Blue, terrific three this morning.

kristin10185, brava on an amazing race and a beautiful run. I hope that spinning was good.

FreeSoul87, great job getting an hour in at the gym after a rough night.

DaveP MI, nice ten-miler.

Jack K., bravo on joining the gym and getting your sweat on.

scottydawg, awesome race. I'm glad that you were able to do your weight training earlier than expected and that it's stopped raining.

Damaris, safe travels.

Phil, excellent progression run.

(((Lauren)))

Rick, what did you drink?

I did 7.4 TM miles in 1:05:48. 8:54 pace. Yay.

LRB

Rick, what did you drink?

A Malbeck from Catena Zapata.  A red wine from Argentina.

Nice run for reals!

From the Internet.

Thanks everyone.

{{{{{{Lauren & kitty}}}}}}}

Can they make her comfortable, so you can spend a little time together?

She's pretty comfortable right now, they drained the fluid out of the pleural cavity and gave me a diuretic to keep it at bay for a little while. Labwork will be back today or tomorrow I mean tomorrow or the next day - I'm so sad I don't even know what day it is! - and then we'll know what we're dealing with. Doctor said we could try prednisone or chemotherapy, if he thinks either of those are really promising once we know what type of cancer it is I will consider them. Most likely I'll just monitor her closely, expect I'll get at least a couple days and maybe even a couple more weeks with her, and just take her in to be euthanized when she starts to go downhill.

While I selfishly want to spend as much time as possible with her, I also don't really want to put an animal through chemotherapy - it sucks as a human, sucks even more when you don't understand why it's happening to you, and then I'll feel horrible for prolonging her misery if it doesn't work well or at all.

LRB

Thanks everyone.

She's pretty comfortable right now, they drained the fluid out of the pleural cavity and gave me a diuretic to keep it at bay for a little while. Labwork will be back today or tomorrow and then we'll know what we're dealing with. Doctor said we could try prednisone or chemotherapy, if he thinks either of those are really promising once we know what type of cancer it is I will consider them. Most likely I'll just monitor her closely, expect I'll get at least a couple days and maybe even a couple more weeks with her, and just take her in to be euthanized when she starts to go downhill.

While I selfishly want to spend as much time as possible with her, I also don't really want to put an animal through chemotherapy - it sucks as a human, sucks even more when you don't understand why it's happening to you, and then I'll feel horrible for prolonging her misery if it doesn't work well or at all.

Animals have a way of letting you know when it's time, many of us have been through it. You will see it clearly. If you do not, then maybe she's not ready to go.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Storms finally coming through. Did weights, cause no way am I running in this crap. Glad it started, cause even without the rain, there was lightning all around, so I didn't feel like standing under power lines watering the garden.

Lauren, glad you get more time with your cat. It's so tough to watch your pet suffer.

Cyberic, you could always use the office hand dryer if you have one. 

LRB

Cyberic, you could always use the office hand dryer if you have one. 

That made me lol.

Half Crazy K 2.0

That made me lol.

I don't belong to a gym, but have heard/read the stories of people using the dryers for parts other than hands. We only have paper towels at my work, but I assume some places actually have the dryers.