Beginners and Beyond

Where there's a will, there's WednesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

onemile

I seem to settle in my constant easy pace faster than you, after about 1 mile or so, but there is no glory to that. As you said, easy pace is what it is. If it takes 3 miles to get to that constant pace, so be it. And if some days it is slower than others, again, so be it.

For me it depends on how beat up I am from mileage and/or workouts.  Lower mileage, shorter/lighter workouts and there is not such a differential between my first mile and 4th.  I try not to worry about my easy pace if my workouts are going alright.  (Or I tell myself my GPS gives wacky readings for the first mile )

onemile

So I was to run that hilly course Sunday with two friends. We're about to take off and one of them says he's going out at 8:00 MM, and the other says okay. I was like huh? Wait, what? I'm not doing that! lol

I ended up running sub-8:00's there for awhile but it took some time to get there. Now if I absolutely had to I'm sure I could've, but fuck that stupid shit. See ya at the end yo!

I used to run 5ks without a warm up. I can't even imagine... 

Zelanie

What's the workout, or is it with the group and not posted yet?

You would know if you'd been stalking my log. 

I have 18 min @ tempo,  4 min. rest, 14 minutes tempo. 9 miles total. Last week was a bit shorter and I felt like death but I think I was trying to run at goal fitness instead of current.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My weight lifting really isn't strenuous for me, honestly I could spend 3 hours in the gym, doing more sets than what I do and heavier weights. What you see me post is actually my easy to medium effort, hell I've only experienced DOMS 2-3 times in the last 7 months due to lifting and that was mostly in my Triceps and trapezoids, or upper back.

Yes, I am defending my other obsession dang it. Reading a running book about injuries and prevention, I read that very active runners can experience soreness and even strains after long periods of being idle, or something like that . I am hoping that the massage and a few more days of rest will help, even if it is a fool's hope.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Remember that shit?? No warmup, no cool down. Mp3 player cranked. 3.1 miles as fast as you can. Banana, bottle of water. Done!

cjones1

Remember that shit?? No warmup, no cool down. Mp3 player cranked. 3.1 miles as fast as you can. Banana, bottle of water. Done!

Other than the bold part, I still run them like that. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Hey, if it works; ZOOM! ZOOM!

onemile

It seems a lot harder to run 'fast' than it used to be. But I guess 'fast' is much faster.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Me too.  You know, when I actually do a 5K (meaning, when my brain stops working and my lungs decide to die).

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

It seems a lot harder to run 'fast' than it used to be. But I guess 'fast' is much faster.

This is the most depressing thing about running: the faster you get, the harder you have to work for what are smaller and smaller increases in performance.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Yes, you can run circles around your former runner self.

DavePNW

Well I never ran 5k's in my early running days. But I remember when going out for a run, the first mile was ALWAYS my fastest. LOL.

Dave

onemile

This is the most depressing thing about running: the faster you get, the harder you have to work for what are smaller and smaller increases in performance.

I am running into that hard this year.

LRB

Well I never ran 5k's in my early running days. But I remember when going out for a run, the first mile was ALWAYS my fastest. LOL.

Shit, every run I went on was a race that first year. Not so much the second. Big grin

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Remember that shit?? No warmup, no cool down. Mp3 player cranked. 3.1 miles as fast as you can. 2 Bananas, bottle of water. Done! + 2 bagels + snack bar (or 3) + recovery drink + pizza/ burrito/ food