Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies on the 3rd. (Read 38 times)

Hubby is cleared to run!  And to do all he wants.  Still in shock that 15 days post brain surgery he can run/fly, etc.

Glad he's doing well.

15ish after another installment of prepping the house to close.

DavePNW

First step at 5:00 AM 'eh? I just can't even fathom that. And going from 12 to 14 miles for your MLR is sick yo. You are the marathon!

And it's a 30 min drive to get there. Alarm at 3:45. 

Next week I have 13 & 15 in consecutive days. 

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hello, friends!  BRRRRR.....chilly bike ride before work!  Temps in the 50's meant gloves and long sleeves!    Anyway, 20 miles at 17.5 mph.  I tried to ride faster but my legs were all "LOLOLOL NO!"

So freaking jealous 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Who the heck plans a 7:30 meeting?  We are lucky that our boss starts working at 10 amd by then I have been there for close to 4 hours without anyone bugging me. Lol.

Well it was a conf call with people in Europe, where it was 4:30 PM. But we have a generally pretty early-arriving office. Some people get in 6-6:30, just to beat traffic.

Dave

onemile

And it's a 30 min drive to get there. Alarm at 3:45. 

Next week I have 13 & 15 in consecutive days. 

Which marathon did you decide to do?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well it was a conf call with people in Europe, where it was 4:30 PM. But we have a generally pretty early-arriving office. Some people get in 6-6:30, just to beat traffic.

We have some people that come in at 630 as well, but none of the newer people are allowed to come in before 8am (officially). I have to be there super early (630-7) just due to the hours I do per week and to be able to get home at a normal time.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad he's doing well.

15ish after another installment of prepping the house to close.

Right?  I told the surgeon, I thought you were kidding ...

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

My group is allowed to work flexible hours, so a few voluntarily come in at 6am and leave at 2. I am the late arriver at 8.

Zelanie

Either option sucks IMO. I would send them on their way in one direction, then run in the other direction. lol

Yeah, but I feel the need to host. Maybe I'll go with them for a couple of laps and then run.

Good news, D!

Zelanie

Here's a star for DaveP.

LRB

My group is allowed to work flexible hours, so a few voluntarily come in at 6am and leave at 2. I am the late arriver at 8.

I get in at 8:30 and usually not a second before. It's always weird because most of my coworkers have been there so long by then, that the chit-chat has ended and they're actually working!

DavePNW

Thanks Zel.  

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I get in at 8:30 and usually not a second before. It's always weird because most of my coworkers have been there so long by then, that the chit-chat has ended and they're actually working!

I bet that's how my boss feels like when he comes in.

Back at work now. All stitches are off and now he can cut his hair, sheesh.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi. Popping in after another hiatus.

Despite good intentions I bailed on all workouts today. I think I fried myself overdoing it in yesterday's heat and am plain worn out. Hubs and I did a double yesterday. 12 ultrawalk in the morning and then 3 on Bertha. Ya. May have been a bit too much.

But on a brighter note.....an American DWD team picked me to fill in for an injured member. I have wanted to get on a team for years but my fellow Canucks think I am too damned slow. I am. Bahahaha.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi. Popping in after another hiatus.

Despite good intentions I bailed on all workouts today. I think I fried myself overdoing it in yesterday's heat and am plain worn out. Hubs and I did a double yesterday. 12 ultrawalk in the morning and then 3 on Bertha. Ya. May have been a bit too much.

But on a brighter note.....an American DWD team picked me to fill in for an injured member. I have wanted to get on a team for years but my fellow Canucks think I am too damned slow. I am. Bahahaha.

Hi!  And that's awesome!  Good luck with the DWD.  Have fun!

Damaris