Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins - Perseverance Pays Off (Read 194 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Basically, his comment is more towards what you need (endurance) and a HMP run is better for that than a 15K workout for slower runners.  Or at least that was my take when I read it.  First time I did it, I did the 15K paces.  This time around, I'm doing them at HMP.  It's supposed to feel a bit harder than easy but not overly hard.

Damaris, yes it's a pfitz! Smile

Noted. Will see how this workout affect my body and will probably adjust to hmp on next workout and do a comparison.

Damaris

Chairman

8 easy

Slightly sore because I did my strides a bit too fast on Sunday

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, major rain today. Started raining last night and is supposed to continue through Wednesday.  Hope we don't get flooding around here. I usually run after work (4 pm to 6 pm time frame) but at that time major thunderstorms are predicted, so I may go over to the gym in the morning from work and run while the rain is still light and then just work late after that.

Disappointing game last night - except for Alabama fans -  for the BCS championship game, Notre Dame never really showed up.   I watched the first half and then watched something else, it was so aggravating.  Getting tired of Alabama winning each year - kind of like when the Yankees used to win the World Series year after year, that was darn annoying, damn Yankees - hope next year someone knocks the Tide for a loop, so we get a couple of different teams for that game.   OK, I'm through whining about my team losing. Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

wow - special guest star appearance by Scrape! lol!

Scotty - it's okay to whine a little bit about football among friends. Smile

Looks like everyone's getting an early start!  AFM, just cut and paste my 4-5 on TM tonight in here as usual.

Have a great one , guys!

Liz

3 miles this morning with 1.5 at my 5k pace! My first attempt at a tempo run! I am tired now! Funny that during a race it doesn't seem so hard! Have a great day!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

OK, Vance, sorry, that made me laugh, YOU saying 'struggling with a bug' when your forum name is N-Bug.  Mental picture of you wrestling with everyone, lol.   But I'm with you...hope everyone who is fighting any nasty virus, etc, gets well soon!  Happy trail running today!

Sounds like you earned those glasses of wine, Gustav!  At least you are staying very active, way to go!

Hopefully, Jerry, 'they' will let you out! Big grin   Enjoy your run if you can get it in!

That was nice of her, Jen.  And yes, you can do a marathon someday.  I did one - my one and only, lol - and if a silly, slow, old mutt like me can get to the finish line, then anyone can!  Believe in yourself!

Oatmeal sounds good, Tori!  Coffee..not so much. Tight lips   Sounds like you are going to be busy!  Good luck!  Graduate in March, not far away now!   And then you'll be qualified to take everyone's temperature!  Let me turn around for you..... Wink  Seriously, congrats on your upcoming graduation, way to go!

Hope the knee/ITB heals quickly, Kristin!  At least you are able to stay active with other things, so that's good.

Good luck with your 6 today, Margo!  50...still way too cold for me, lol.  Yeah, I was wondering about Kara too.  Hope she is doing well.

Nice running Bin!

Good luck with your miles, Damaris, kick back and enjoy the stride! Smile

Sorry about the soreness, scrape.  One word:  biofreeze.  Great stuff!  Umm, okay, that's 3 words, so I can't count... Joking

Good luck with your miles, Liz, hope you are doing well up there in....wherever the heck you are (Pennsylvania?)...my memory for names and places is sooo awful, lol.

Congrats on your tempo run, Kristi!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Morning!  I got home yesterday and DH suggested we go out to eat at pretty much the same time somebody from my running group suggested we meet for a track workout today.  So last night we went out instead of my MLR, tonight I will do my 5x2:30 at as close to VO2Max as I can manage (but with company), and tomorrow will be my MLR instead.

Scotty- I don't know if you saw my suggestion yesterday, but maybe volunteer at some of the races that you love, but just don't fit into your doctor's schedule this year?  You could still see your running friends, take pictures, and post reports!

Vance- Good luck on the trail run!

Gustav- You're not going from 5K to couch, you're going from 5K to buff!

Jerry- Sending no meetings mojo your way!

Jen- That's an awesome story!  Glad you struck up that conversation yesterday!

Tori- Almost done now!  Having some oatmeal this morning too.

kristin- I went for an entire week with rolling and without pain before I ran again.  Then went for an easy 2.5 mile run and built back from there.

Margo- Hope the weather holds for your run!

Bin- Nice run!

D- Enjoy the 8 later!

scrape.- Thanks for the visit. Smile

Doc- Hope the TM miles go quickly for you!

Kristi- Good work on the tempo run!  I can't get near my 5K pace for that distance in training!  My last tempo miles were about 20 seconds slowerthan my 5K pace.

Zel- my 5k pace is a lot slower than your 5k pace! My training runs are between 12-1130 and my 5k is 10

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Zelanie

Yes, but it's all about effort!  It certainly didn't feel like less effort when my 5K pace was 10:40!

Chairman

Opps. I got mixed up. I thought this was the regular dailies thread. I guess I should read the whole thread title.  Blush

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Opps. I got mixed up. I thought this was the regular dailies thread. I guess I should read the whole thread title.  Blush

i saw you had posted and wondered if you had been injured or something. we know you are too fast for us. You are welcome to come drop in anytime though.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

gustav- thanks for the start this morning.

n-bug - get well....hope you do well on those 4.

jerry- thumbs up to no more meetings

jen- of course you are a real runner. its funny how we never think of ourselves as real runners. I dont consider myself one either. Maybe in april after I will have been at it for a full year I can call myself a runner, or maybe after I clock 1000 miles I can call myself a real runner. I do know that tuesday morning I am going to stick a 26.2 sticker on my door at work. Maybe the kids at school will ask what it means.

Tori- hopefully the lecture is interesting. good luck with the next couple of months of school. My wife was a nurse RN/BSN. Then decided to be like me and be a teacher and coach. I know that nursing school can be crazy.

Kristen- sounds like you are on your way back.

phillie- I see kara on FB sometimes, I am not sure why she hasnt posted here lately. Good luck with the 6 and 50's is goodness.

Bin- what is the climate like over there where you live? I always picture hot and humid, but I doubt it is really like that all the time.

Damaris- 8 with strides???? dont you have Disney this weekend? my plan had me doing 4 this morning.....but then again I am in survival mode not a bad ass like you Smile

page 2 coming up

Tomas

scottty- i understand your frustaration in that game. I can top you though....I got to enjoy 4 gmaes of JR high girls hoops instead of watching the first half of the football game. hope you dont get flooded. I double dog dare you to get your miles in on a treadmill later Smile

liz- 4-5 miles seems like your comfort zone. thats good.

Kristi- good job on the tempo run.

zelanie- I let food win pretty much all of the time. And good job being flexible enough with your schedule to still get your MLR in.

AFM- i knocked out 4 miles this AM. Only two more running days before my race.

Tomas

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, Penguins!!  I'm running  a little late checking in because our IT dept is fooling with our computer logins, and mine got screwed up, so I had to wait 30 minutes and then try again.  And then the directions weren't clear, so it took me a few tries to figure out what the heck is going on.  I guess the upside is that I got a good bit of lab work done while I was waiting!

Bailed on my run last night -- I hate running in cold weather!  I don't really want to move, because I like Virginia, so I am resigned to either developing mental toughness or sucking as a runner during winter.  Winter running sucking is much more likely!  I do have my swim gear today, and it's supposed to be warmer today, so we might make it out tonight.  All three of us could use a little road pounding!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Good morning Penguins!

I don't think I'll get a run in today as I will be moving into my new house tomorrow! Whoo hooo!!!

I finally made it to Alaska, so I am a TRUE penguin now!

Sorry it's so short, but I am heading off to work. Catch you taters later!