Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES and kicking (Read 31 times)

LRB

Thanks!!

A thank you to the people who believed in you when you didn't for all of these years would be nice as well. 

What are your new predicted race times now since you haven't posted them yet. 

LRB

Ran 10 x (2min / 1.5 min) before run commuting to work. Was hitting target pace 5:52 , happy about that.

Most excellent Sir. 👍

LRB

Came to the dentist at lunch to do my cleaning and XRays.  Apparently, the shadow that showed an infection in that fucking crown tooth is still there.  He said it could be a scar from the prior infection but never filled with bone.  He thinks I will likely have to extract the tooth and do what we initially planned last time (the implants and stuff), but that so long as I don't have pain, it can wait until the crown is kaput.  I'll check with a new dentist in Indy before deciding.

I once had a tooth split in half ffs. Right down the middle but not all the way to the roots. Spent a zillion dollars to clamp it back together all the while being told that there were no guarantees and that if it didn't work none of that money would count towards another fix. What??

DavePNW

3:12 marathon. Go get it.

Dave

LRB

I went ahead and got my LR in this morning, because I'm sick and tired of my weekends getting screwed up, this weekend is going to be busy and I didn't want to risk it. I've been missing too many runs, and too many LR's damn it.

So 16.1 miles done, I'm fucking tired and ready to sleep.

That 3:33 am start time is rather impressive, FreeSoul. Talk about determined, I guess so!

LRB

With a 3:19 PR, I'd say it's more than possible for her. 👍

Cyberic

That 3:33 am start time is rather impressive, FreeSoul. Talk about determined, I guess so!

+1 on impressive determination!

Cyberic

+1

Cyberic

Most excellent Sir. 👍

Been focusing on speed lately. Daniels approach: speed, then Vo2Max, then Threshold. That's over simplifying it, but you're familiar with his plans. I have no race planned, so I'm cherry picking workouts from his 5-10K program, phase II. Not really following the plan, but I was thinking of doing some speed (Phase II) and then carry that into a VO2Max phase (phase III).  If I register in a race, I'll change as necessary.

But yeah, I'm glad I'm hitting those paces again. I'd been focusing on volume, and marathons, and just slacking for a while now. A month ago I couldn't have hit those paces.

I'm enjoying this.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Nah, that's lunacy 😁😁😁 as DH would say 😂

But nobody ever said we runners were sane 

Even more impressive, I got home in time to take a shower and get dressed, get my son's lunch ready, get him to school on time AND I'm still awake 😎

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

😂ðŸĪĢ😂ðŸĪĢ😂ðŸĪĢ

...I don’t even know which marathon I’m doing! (And Daniels predicts 3:10... and a 5:51 mile. Maybe he knows better ðŸĪŠ)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

A thank you to the people who believed in you when you didn't for all of these years would be nice as well. 

An all-encompassing thanks!

Those are generally a RR thing (for PRs anyway) and I have no time to write one because LIFE. Or something like it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Even more impressive, I got home in time to take a shower and get dressed, get my son's lunch ready, get him to school on time AND I'm still awake 😎

that's a helluva start to the day! Way to go!

LRB

An all-encompassing thanks!

Those are generally a RR thing (for PRs anyway) and I have no time to write one because LIFE. Or something like it.

Hmm, sounds about right. Okay, as you were.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

ran an easy 12 this morning; happy with my mid-week 3 days. Off tomorrow then looking to do a long (17-20+) run Sat or Sun. Hoping for a combined 25+ miles Sat/Sun.

Thinking about signing up for a marathon on Sep 8 in Holland MI that I ran last year (was my 2019 BQ race - but didn't run Boston due to injury) so would make the LR 3 weeks out which seems ok. Will probably wait and see how the weather/family schedule looks that weekend and decide the week before. That's what I did last year and it worked, so...

Thanks again for all the plantar advice. I ran in more cushioned shoes this morning, without the superfeet insoles that I've been using the last few weeks, and felt much better. I think the insoles were helping my arch but hurting my heel. I ordered some spenco running insoles to try and the Strassburg sock.

back to work